Pine Crest Motel and Cabins
Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center(East Burke)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$127
Colonnade Inn(Lyndonville)
US$108
Jay Peak Resort(Jay)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$239
US$222
All reviewsfire pitcreekpinecrestsinkmicrowaveretreatfishing
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I LOVE this place! I've stayed here twice, in the Raccoon Retreat, and have had family stay in the Lynx Lair. Cozy and clean, with your own little grill out front plus grassy area next to the stream that has a spot prepared for small bonfire. Wasn't pool time either time I stayed, but it looks in very good shape. Jay,Taryn, and the kids truly make you feel at home, right down to the kitties marching across the desk while you check in. Really laid back spot. Easy and pleasant drive to it from the highway. A really great spot run by really nice people.

Room Tip: The rooms/cabins are fully described on the website, something to match everyone's needs.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Seaspell
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I chose "Rustic Charming Cabins" as a title, since my sister already took "Charming Rustic Cabins"

My two teenage daughters, husband,dog and I spent four nights at the Pine Crest Motel and Cabins in the motel (in Cougar Cave), while we visited my uncle's family in Brownington, Vt. The room was cute, rustic and well- maintained. The motel faces the road, but it was still a pretty area, even though there was a car lot across the road. The cabins are further down the driveway and face the woods and river. It was surprisingly not noisy, even though it was close to the road.

There were four beds, a small tv, a dining table, toaster oven, microwave, coffee maker, sink, stove, oven, full-sized refrigerator, pots and pans, dishes, silverware and a few utensils. I wish I had brought my own cast-iron frying pan and knife, since they both were barely usable. We still managed to make good meals in the room.

The beds were ok, not bad, not great. The shower and sink in the bathroom were clean and worked fine. The Wifi worked just fine.

It rained when we had a chance to swim, but my husband and daughter swam anyway and had a good time in the clean pool. We also didn't get a chance to use the fire pit with chairs around it, but wish we had.

The cabins looked charming, lined up towards the river, with little porches and picnic tables out front, but they were full when we wanted to stay.

The owners were very nice and helped us with rainy day plans.

It was quiet, even when road workers stayed next door midweek. We would stay at Pine Crest Motel and Cabins again, and just bring our own knife and pan.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MinneapolisKyle
Reviewed 25 August 2011

On a trip to visit our realtives in Brownington, my family and I stayed in two of the motel rooms, which were fine, but I wish we had stayed in cabins! (They were full when we booked.)

Jay and his wife were very friendly and accommodating. I arrived quite early, and they cleaned my room so I could check in.

My bed was quite comfortable, and I slept well. Didn't even try the TV, but appreciated the coffee maker and the microwave.

I will stay here again when we visit the Northern Kingdom.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank NaMacD2
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was our second time staying at Pine Crest and we just love it up there. We stayed in the Lynx Lair which is perfect for two people. The cabins and the grounds are always spotless, despite the cabins being entirely booked during our stay it was very quiet and we could hear the river that runs along the property at night. Really for less that $100 a night this place can't be beat. We'll be back next summer for sure!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AS81305
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at the cabins while traveling to Quebec. The cabins are fairly well maintained, and clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Our particular cabin had a noticeable slope which, combined with the uncomfortable mattresses made for a difficult nights sleep. The kids enjoyed the pool and wading through the river. The price is hard to beat ($90.00 for a 2 bedroom cabin). There were some sketchy characters in one of the other cabins, but they didn't bother us.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family