Harvest Barn Inn
Grafton Inn(Grafton)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$185
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Express Springfield(Springfield)
US$153
Motel in the Meadow(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$87
US$106
US$126
Fairfield Inn
US$127
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel(Keene)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$102
BestWestern.com
Chesterfield Inn(West Chesterfield)
US$239
All reviewsconnecticut riverfront porchorchard suitenew hampshirecookieslovely gueststerrace roomoverlooking the riverkick back and relaxfamily funeralblueberry sconeslate octoberfabulous breakfastarea attractionsbreakfast tableother guestsgreat getaway
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I were looking for a nice B&B to stay at in Vermont and pretty open to the location, so we decided on Halladay's Harvest Barn Inn based on reviews here. What a great choice it was! Our room, the Orchard Suite, was fabulous; really spacious and comfortable. The Inn is perched up high overlooking the Connecticut river with gorgeous winter views from the front. Everything was extremely clean and well taken care of, with nice common areas to sit and relax. The Inn has WiFi as well, though the connection was spotty from our room.

The best part about this B&B is the wonderful hospitality and attentiveness provided by the Innkeepers, Gayle and Jon. Gayle made the best breakfast I've ever had. It was just incredible. And she welcomed us warmly into her home, helping us with great restaurant suggestions/reservations and giving us advice on things to do in the area.

This was our first time to this region of VT and we enjoyed exploring Bellows Falls, which has a quaint downtown area with some good restaurants and shops, as well as the nearby towns of Chester, Grafton and Weston all offering their own Vermont charm.

All in all, we had a really great stay and highly recommend this Inn to other couples.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Orchard Suite. Very private--even has it's own deck/entrance. The room is very spacious and has a large, private bath with a big soaking tub and a separate shower. The room also has a gas fireplace and a decent flat screen TV.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoBe_Ab
HarvestBarnInn, Manager at Harvest Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you so much for your review and all the really great pics! It is surely a winter wonderland this year! The CT river and surrounding areas look so beautiful covered in snow. Thanks also for pointing out all the great areas to explore that are so close to the inn. Vermont is a beautiful state and we invite all to come and check out the area, while staying with us here at the inn!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Last year we stayed at the Harvest Barn and we were very impressed with the accommodations. This year we have stayed twice, to ski Killington and Okemo Mountains. The Inn is a short distance from Okemo and Killington and our first choice stay for a weekend at the mountain. We brought our friends along for the second ski trip this year; they were very impressed with their stay. The Inn is great for multiple couples traveling together because the common areas are spacious, welcoming, and comfortable.

I would highly recommend the Harvest Barn Inn for anyone who wants a reasonably priced stay with great accommodations. The Inn is cute and quaint, with a cozy antique touch. We stayed in the Orchard Suite, which is very open, and has a couch, a very comfortable bed, and a wonderful tub room. The innkeeper Gayle goes out of her way to make sure you have a comfortable stay, she is very in tune to the wants and needs of her guest. The breakfast provided is fantastic, Gayle makes the best parfaits, scones, mascarpone stuffed French toast, local Vermont sausage and so much more. Every time that we stay we make acquaintances with wonderful people and enjoy the local restaurants and shops. We love to stop at the Vermont Country Store down the road from the Inn, I particularly enjoy the dark chocolate selections.

If you are looking for a warm atmosphere, a welcoming feel, and comfortable rooms, the Harvest Barn Inn is the place to go. We cant wait to plan our next getaway to Vermont. We will definitely be returning to the Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

We always look forward to welcoming new guests to our inn and love that they leave us as new friends...and when these friends come back over and over...well, priceless! Thank you for coming back...always a pleasure to see you both and we are really glad you enjoy staying with us while hitting the nearby slopes!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

First let me say that the only reason that I chose "Very Good" rather than "Excellent" is simply because I am a hotel guy and this was my first time in an Inn. I am not used to the "homey" environment that an Inn offers.

The people running this place, Gayle and Jon, were fantastic. I was there with a group of 6 for a company function. The limo that was supposed to pick us up never arrived. Gayle and Jon interrupted their own dinner, loaded us up in their personal vehicles, and drove us into town.

In the morning we were presented with a breakfast that was fantastic.

I would highly recommend this Inn for anybody who may be traveling in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PasoTraveler, Manager at Harvest Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thanks for writing a review on your stay with us. We were happy to have you and your group stay with us and always happy to help out in any way that we can. Now that you have stayed at a B&B and know somewhat to expect, we hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Inn is absolutely charming.The decor is lovely.The view from the front window is amazing. It overlooks the Connecticut river. I enjoyed a two day visit with my 2, young adult children, over the Christmas holiday. We stayed in the Orchard Suite. Our Suite was tucked up in back, which was perfect as the three of us got to enjoy some much needed fun without disturbing other guests. The room was cozy with a gas fireplace and our own private deck. The Inn was decorated for Christmas with a beautiful miniature village and of course, a lovely tree. Innkeeper Gayle is a doll. She always has a smile and serves up the *best* breakfast in town. I did not like scones until I ate a scone Gayle baked. (Go ahead...Request one. ;) I have stayed at the Inn two other times over this year and I was just as pleased. It is a quite place to relax and enjoy all the beauty that Vermont has to offer. You can't beat the price for the quality you get. It's an excellent choice and you won't find a better Inn keeper.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HarvestBarnInn, Manager at Harvest Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed special time with your children and were comfortable in your space. The inn and the area does have a special coziness around the holidays! We are also glad you thought of staying with us on your return trip to BF and hope to see you again soon! P.S. I have a feeling the scones will become even more popular :-)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hello there! This past Thanksgiving, my boyfriend Justin and I,got the chance to travel up North a little. We stayed at Halladay's Harvest Barn Inn and what a great holiday we had! We drove from CT and stayed at the inn for three days. When we got there, we were greeted by the Innkeeper Gayle; with a cheerful smile, and a willingness to show us to our room. The room was quaint and charming. It had everything to accommodate us. I loved the bed! It was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean too.I have to say, I really enjoyed the soap dispensers. There's never enough soap/shampoo in those little travel tubes, so I liked this very much! We then recieved a tour of the property. It was quite cold, but lovely all the same. There is an amazing view just outside your window, of the Connecticut River and the mountains of New Hampshire. We were also invited by the other Innkeeper Jon for a Turkey Day hike up one of those lovely mountains. It was pretty chilly, but a beautiful day and a picturesque view of the town of Bellows Falls from across the river!
Every morning, we awoke to a wonderful breakfast cooked to our liking;and there was always enough coffee to go around! (I live on coffee! :-)) The breakfast was always made fresh and warm, and the display was enticing! Great job on the meals! There were plenty of brochures for our after breakfast activities too. It was good to see the array of things to do in Bellows Falls, as well as the surrounding towns.
Not only did we get to venture around town a bit, but we also got a chance to relax around the Inn. The other guests were nice and it was easy to share the common grounds with them. We sang, and listened to music. We watched old movies, and laughed while telling stories around the wine bottle! This is exactly what we needed. We love the country atmosphere, and the simple beauty of nature, with all the bells and whistles you would have gotten in a hotel. Staying at the Inn was a great experience. We felt that we just didn't meet other people; but made friends to come back and visit!
If you are looking for a nice, cozy gettaway, with a personable experience, this is the place for you! We are looking forward to coming back and seeing the Innkeepers Gayle and Jon, as well as the owners Kathleen and Rick! Thank you so much for giving us a home away from home!!!! Hope to see you soon! Best of wishes!

Room Tip: I'm sure if there were a fitness room and swimming pool, it would be just as excellent!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HarvestBarnInn, Manager at Harvest Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

It is always great when our guests experience the perfect stay at our inn! We are committed to that! It was a festive, fun time, with lots of laughs and great stories. Thank you for such a warm and delightful expression of your stay here and we welcome you back with open arms! Innkeepers, Gayle and Jon