“Lovely hotel, spotless, wonderful gardens and pool”
Review of Paradise Inn

Paradise Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bennington
Reviewed 24 July 2007

I booked online directly with the hotel and wasn't sure what to expect but when we arrived I was so pleased that I chose a local hotel and not a chain (all the chains aren't near Bennington town anyway). The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The hotel is in a quiet, tucked away spot (meaning the rooms aren't right on the main road) but everything in town is a short walk away. There is a great cafe next door as well. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting the Bennington area.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank maisonblair

Reviewed 6 July 2007

Clean, pleasant, safe...nothing out of the ordinary, but for the price, that is to be expected. Convenient for us, so we stay when we come to Bennington. I can recommend it to anyone who is not extremely fussy about accomodation...the Plaza it's not.

Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank jenthered
Reviewed 3 July 2007

While traveling through Bennington to New Hampshire we stayed the night at Paradise Inn. A clean room was provided, though we did have to share a king bed as the only other option available to us was too pricey for our brief stay (we stopped in looking for a room for the night). Our room was on the second floor overlooking the pool and the A/C did a good job not only cooling the room but drowning out the sounds from the people having a late night gathering around the pool.

The room was a decent size, our bathroom had only a shower stall which was fine for our needs. I did need to make a trip out to the car for my blowdryer as there wasn't one in the bathroom. Don't expect pay-per-view movies, this option wasn't available, though there was HBO on the older television in our room.

Overall, we were happy with our value priced, clean room and would stay again at the Paradise Inn (and use the money saved on the room for a delicious meal at the Four Chimneys Inn!)

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank CG_Guelph
Reviewed 13 November 2006

I have stayed at the Paradise Motor Inn twice ~ once in Aug. 2005 and again in Sept 2006. Both visits I had a second story room (the hotel only has two stories) overlooking the pool with a small balcony with table and two chairs (OK to smoke on balcony). The breakfast served in the lobby was perfect for my needs ~ great muffins, fruit, coffee or tea. There is also a computer in the lobby available for guest's use. The front desk clerks were cheerful and helpful with a no-fuss check-in, check-out. The interior hallway is a bit dark, as another post mentioned, but as you might spend 5 seconds there ~ not a big deal. The hotel is set back off the main road so there is no traffic noise and the grounds are beautiful especially the pool. For the value and the location, the Paradise is a great place to stay and I look forward to going back in 2007.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled solo
1  Thank genealogyseeker
Reviewed 11 November 2006

We had a very nice spacious room on the ground floor with a semi-private patio. The buildings appeared care-worn and the internal corridor was very depressing and smelled damp and musty. No in-room coffee maker and non available in reception except at breakfast. We did not eat breakfast as it seemed to consist of little more than a muffin and coffee.

The room we had was as spacious and nicely furnished as many 'chain' hotels which cost twice the price. It was very good value for money. Would I stay there agaon? It is doubtful.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carole W
Reviewed 3 November 2006

We stayed at the Paradise Motor Inn recently on a trip to Maine. We booked directly with the hotel. Although the dates were wrong on my confirmation (which I did not notice at the time), they honored the reservation with a room upgrade! Very nice and friendly place. It is a motor inn but very convenient to town and the room has the normal amenities (no coffee in the room). The breakfast is not really a contiental breakfast as defined by most people. There is coffee and tea (unlimited) and cakes or muffins, but not anything more than that (no butter, or rolls or fruit). Having said that, the price is right and the location is great for exploring the Green Mountains. Bennington is a nice town with enough establishments to enjoy dinner and have a relaxing time. One thing I will add is that they have a very nice piece of property, which our room faced (with a nice balcony).

Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank Triplehorn
Reviewed 14 August 2006

I have been staying at The Paradise since I was a student in Bennington many years ago, and with only a few exceptions, have always been delighted with the accomodations and the service at the Paradise. It is, indeed, one of the best values around. Now, my husband and I are "regulars" as we stay here when we come up for Williamstown Theatre Festival and even Tanglewood. It is a bit far if you are going to Tanglewood on multiple days and performances, but for one or two days the drive is not that bad, and with what one saves in hotel bills, you can easily treat yourself to a great meal or another concert or play. The hotel/motel is clean, the rooms nice and bright and the pool and the gardens are lovely. I have been to the Paradise on a few occasions when there have been noisy people in the building, but that can happen anywhere. Please note that I have become very picky about where we stay and have walked out of hotels in the US and Europe. The Paradise does not pretend to be something it isn't, which is more than I can say for most places, especially in the Berkshires. I have become so tired of so-called "luxurious" bed and breakfasts with "home-cooked" breakfasts, only to find that the room was small, there was inadequate heat and, more importantly, A/C, the breakfasts were mediocre and the property was not kept up properly, and all this for $225+per night in most cases, not counting taxes! The Paradise is a welcome relief. And the continental breakfast is fine, if you want something more, you can go to Friendly's or to the great Isabella's on Main Street.

There is also new management at The Paradise (but with the same family ownership) and the level of courteous service has increased. There is now a computer in the lobby to check email and the front desk staff are very helpful.

My one comment is that some of the mattresses need to be replaced. I would gladly pay an extra $10-15 for a little higher quality mattress. However, having said that, we will continue to come to the Paradise and enjoy the best value in Southern Vermont, now if only the pool were enclosed for winter swimming! Thanks for all the good times.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mukki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bennington
Hampton Inn Bennington
#2 of 8 in Bennington
Bennington Motor Inn
Bennington Motor Inn
#7 of 8 in Bennington

Been to Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!