“Fire Tower”
Review of Molly Stark Trail

Ranked #9 of 26 things to do in Bennington
More attraction details
Owner description: A 40-mile scenic drive between Bennington and Brattleboro.
Reviewed 15 July 2013

0.8 mile trail to the fire tower which is quite vertical. If hot and/or humid: be warned, you will be soaked. The view is spectacular. Park is very clean and well maintained.

4  Thank Alfred M
"pull"
"statue"
"ny"

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Can recommend haystack mountain trail, and bald mountain, both off of rte 9, both well marked and maintained. Drive itself was pleasant, and eventually reaches Brattleboro, another quaint Vermont town. About halfway between Bennington and Brattleboro is the 100 mile view lookout on the side of the road.
Worth the drive.

9  Thank pookle1
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We took this drive from Bennington to Brattleboro. There are numerous hiking opportunities along the route, but unfortunately we didn’t plan enough time to do any of them. I can’t count the number of times we pulled off for pictures. We were there in the first week of October and the colors were brilliant, although they hadn’t peaked. They needed another week. We passed through several small towns, one with a picturesque covered bridge right beside the road. If you want to take in a hike or two and explore the littl bergs, I can see this drive taking all day. For us though, it was only about two hours. I wish we’d have had more time to explore the area.

5  Thank Beentheredonethat777
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Definitely worth the drive. Lots of scenic places to stop, my husband and I really enjoyed the Mount Olga trail at Molly Stark State Park, the fire tower at the top gives an amazing view of the surrounding mountains. We also enjoyed Green Mountain National Forest - Little Pond, we didn't complete that hike, but what we did see was beautiful.

3  Thank Reechani_3