“A taste of home”
Review of Lil Britain

Lil Britain
Ranked #9 of 76 Restaurants in Bennington
Description: A real working British fish and chips shop in Bennington run by Brits
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Been through Bennington many times but missed this gem until today. Fish was good and the steak pie was excellent. Chips were a good mix of English crisp v soggy. Gravy for the pie was as near as you can get to UK chippy gravy. Nice to see curry, bangers and chip buttys on the menu. Now I know it's there, will be worth the 3/4 hour run there just to get a good English supper !

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I have worked for an English couple for years and they have tought me all about there home cuisine, and I have tried all of it. When I found out about this place I was very excited.I went there and tried a few different dishes, and I must say I was very pleased with the food. The decor is great and I had a very enjoyable time.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I've been here on a yearly basis and am never disappointed with the standard of the fish and chips.
It does take a little wait because it is made to order but when it does come it's very hot, crispy and tasty and actually have to wait a bit because it is so hot. I usually order the small fish and chips because you get one large filet and a generous potion of fries.
Will definitely be back when in the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a great hidden gem in a great little town. Everything is good here. I've had the fish and chips, scallops, shrimp, and of course the gravy for the chips. Very good food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Went to Bennington for a long weekend. My husband, who is English was thrilled to finally find an authentic fish and chips in US. This is the real deal. Restaurant, itself, is like one of 100s of chip shops back in the UK; small and lacking ambiance, but the food is great!!