“Quiet dinner while on vacation”
Review of The Publyk House

The Publyk House
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Holliston, Massachusetts
“Quiet dinner while on vacation”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We got a recommendation from hotel staff about place to eat dinner. We were very happy with the service and the meal. I ordered Lobster bisque and I thought it was salty to my taste. Our waitress overheard me ask my husband to try it to see if it was salty and immediately offered to get me something different if I wasn't happy with the bisque. I was impressed. The homemade bread was good and the maple butter different. I had a surf and turf combo which was tasty and the steak done perfectly for "medium". Our water glasses were refilled promptly when needed and attention to detail was obvious in service and meal preparation. The meals come with the salad bar which was nicely appointed. I could have survived on the soup and salad very nicely. We had a choice of eating inside our outside on the deck. We chose inside because we were not familiar with the area and were afraid it might get chilly when the sun began to set. The dining room was comfortable - not too chilly, Would highly recommend this restaurant for its service, food quality and prices. Nice job to Taylor our waitress too!!!

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Kathleen P

cincinnati
“great restaurant”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great food service and view. We really enjoyed the experience.
Highly recommended. You should try it.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank bidps
“Best dinner out in a long time”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Awsome from the amazing salad bar (best I've ever seen) to a surf and turf to die for. The homemade bread with the homemade maple butter. Service was excellent and the price was right on. I would suggest if your in the area make sure to go there.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Alsirjr
Hoosick Falls
“Hot water and warm potatoes please”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed. I have heard good things about this restaurant but I was not happy with my visit. The waitress seemed annoyed and not very friendly.
I was not happy that their bathroom does not have hot water, only cold water, to wash your hands. After my visit there I mentioned this to a few people that go there regularly and I was told they haven't had hot/warm water in the bathrooms in a long time.
The food was not great,like I had expected. I ordered the salmon on the menu.. It was over cooked and dry. The sauce put on it was too thick and even though it was tasty it was not enough to compensate for the dry salmon. The vegetables served were also over cooked. A few green beans and a few waxed beans isn't a vegetable medley to me. The mashed potatoes did nothing for me either.. They were just barely warm.
My waitress came back awhile after bringing our dinners to check on us. Our meals were half eaten at this point because we were very hungry from being out all afternoon with no lunch. I told her it was ok.
I was not impressed with this restaurant and I knew I would not be going back. A great view doesn't satisfy my appetite and cold water does not clean my hands properly after using the bathroom and before eating.
They advertise best salad bar around...I usually don't eat much on a salad bar when I go out because I want to save room for my meal.
So much for looking forward to a great meal all day..
The view is nice.. But all other area need lots of attention!

3 Thank Climbtothesky
North Adams, Massachusetts
“Can't beat the view”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I loved this restaurant. The food, service, and atmosphere was wonderful. I can't wait to go back on a warm night and sit on the deck. Blake, the water boy was also very entertaining!

• Visited June 2014