“COOL PLACE!!!!! Do NOT miss it when you go to Bennington.”

Hemmings Motor News Filling Station
Ranked #3 of 13 Shopping in Bennington
More attraction details
Owner description: Collectible cars on display and memorabilia for car lovers in the gift shop.
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was the highlight of my time in Bennington. Its an old fashioned, full service station, with a neat store. However the BEST part is the huge building next door which is a FREE museum of old cars, and other items.

2  Thank JuneNY

Reviewed 4 April 2013

If you're in the area you must stop and fill-up at the Hemmings Full Serve station. Good old time service with a smile. Go inside to get some nice refreshments. I had a great smoothie for the road. They have a lot of great shirts,hats, models, and anything auto related. Their car museum is in the back and I got to see it by appointment since it wasn't open for the season yet. They have a nice collection of classic's mostly in restored condition along with tons of auto memorabilia. Dozens of old oil signs and licence plates fill the walls. If you like old classic cars, and Hemmings is the "Bible", this is the place to visit. During the warmer months, they have classic cruise-ins where hundreds of people drive their classics here with music, prizes, and refreshments. I'd love to come back to one of those nights.

1  Thank Trip117
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I did not do proper research, we were in the Berkshires. Wife said we should go to Vermont. I drove to Bennington Vermont. We were walking around town and decided to visit Bennigton Museum..Walking along, I saw Hemmings News Building then saw the Filling station. Prices are resonable for hats, t-shirts, etc. I asked how to get to Bennington Musem, got directions and then person said "you may want to check out our musem" It was a great find and unexpected. There are restored cars and some semi-restored. I was roaming all over the Hemmings Museum and going from car to car to motorcyle to truck. Wow and I almost missed this rare treat. And the museum is FREE..

3  Thank rubyredvette
Reviewed 3 September 2012

As a classic car fan, I was thrilled to see this place right across from the last chance motel where we ended up on our last night of our holiday. The gal at the counter of Caffeine Alley welcomed my dog and I into the store. It had lots of swag - hats, shirts, tee-shirts, jackets - at reasonable prices, good designs, lots of selection in sizes and styles, also signs, books and die cast car models. I bought a nice denim shirt, button down collar, for $24.95, a bag for $3 and we bought a couple of delicious coffees for the road. All the other staff were also friendly, and our gas attendant even gave our Golden a biscuit. The 30-car classic car museum opens at 10, but we didn't get to see it because we had to hit the road early. I recommend visiting this place, good car stuff, fair prices, really nice staff.

2  Thank Oakvillain
Reviewed 20 August 2012

If you need a gift for a car enthusiast, they'll have something here. Worth a 10 minute walk through. They sell gas too, but you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

1  Thank Sudlow