“Love this place!”

Bennington Potters
Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Bennington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bennington Potters has been making stoneware pottery right here in Bennington, Vermont since 1948. Visit our destination home style store and pottery works. Free Factory Tours - Come See it Made! Talk to the potters and see pressing, casting, jiggering, finishing, glazing and firing in action. Buses and group tours welcome! Call for more information. Shop at Potters Yard in our historic Grist Mill and Old School House buildings. We sell our dinnerware, bakeware, and classic trigger mugs, as well as our own accessories and complementary glassware, tableware, linens, furniture and more - a unique shopping experience. Shop, factory and gardens on 3-plus acres. In downtown Bennington, less than a block off Vt. Rte. 7. Open every day.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Redding, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Bennington Potters is a great place to stop, and shop if you're so inclined. They've been making their pottery for over sixty years. The shop is filled with all the different glazes and pieces of the pottery. I use pieces that I bought over 10 years ago - it's very practical! One of my favorites is the batter bowl. I'm partial to the cobalt-blue spatter glaze, but there are many different colors to choose from. There is also lots of home decor, so plan on taking your time! The grounds are beautiful, too.

Visited September 2011

Rochester, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“All American shopping!”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Third trip to The Potters- love it every time! My collection grows in leaps and bounds as do those of my friends. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the pottery is absolutely gorgous! There are some great restaurants in town to refresh yourself from shopping and to plan the list for the next time!

Visited September 2010
St. Augustine, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The real deal--a true working pottery with wonderful designs”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and tour-- and the very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Won't let my coffee mug out of my grasp--and found a beautiful pitcher with a stunning glaze. Put it on your list if you'r anywhere near Bennington.

Visited August 2010
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best handmade pottery and the best shopping you will find anywhere!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Plan on spending all day and finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list - not to mention plenty for yourself - at this one of a kind shopping destination!
Bennington Potters has it all - from their signature handmade stoneware pottery line, available in an amazing range of glazes and designs, to a store - occupying what once was an old Grist Mill - filled with an artfully arranged and expertly selected array of gift and household items.
Don't miss a tour of the factory, where helpful potters gladly shared secrets of their trade with inquiring visitors - a delightful way to pass an afternoon.
Garden chairs scattered amidst a yard abloom with unusual plantings was the perfect picnic/resting spot to relax and rejuvenate for a second round of shopping!
Even the men in our party enjoyed themselves - especially the tour of the factory.
No need for a trip to the outlet stores - this was a one stop shopping trip!

Visited May 2011
Bennington, Vermont
“Surprisingly filled with goodies!”
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I have seen the sign for years and never took the time to venture in. Wow, was I surprised at what filled the spaces. There is so much to see, one could get drowned with great ideas! I loved the selection of merchandise and the folks are just down right nice. I will visit again!

Visited May 2011