“Beautiful Pottery”

Bennington Potters
Ranked #1 of 13 Shopping in Bennington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bennington Potters has been making stoneware pottery right here in Bennington, Vermont since 1948. Visit our destination home style store and pottery works. Free Factory Tours - Come See it Made! Talk to the potters and see pressing, casting, jiggering, finishing, glazing and firing in action. Buses and group tours welcome! Call for more information. Shop at Potters Yard in our historic Grist Mill and Old School House buildings. We sell our dinnerware, bakeware, and classic trigger mugs, as well as our own accessories and complementary glassware, tableware, linens, furniture and more - a unique shopping experience. Shop, factory and gardens on 3-plus acres. In downtown Bennington, less than a block off Vt. Rte. 7. Open every day.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Bennington Potters make some incredible pottery. I love the different glazes they use, very unique. We spent quite awhile in the pottery store, but also went and took the self guided "tour". It's not much of a tour as you walk around and read the signs about the different steps. We got to talking with one of the workers there, Eva, and she took us on a great little tour and showed us up close and personal the different steps. We even got to see the huge kilns and some pieces there had recently been completed. The pottery can be a little on the pricey side, but it's all hand American made and these workers really care about their work.

All reviews
"in town"
"seconds"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 29 April 2012

The pottery was beautifully displayed in sets and categories. The display tables were well orgainzed, clean and well stocked. Upon checking out they wrapped everything very well when I mentioned I was flying with it. I had a great experiance there.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Although a bit off the main road through Bennington, you will be glad you made the effort. The shop is filled with wonderful pottery and many other decorating treasures.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was first introduced to Bennington pottery when I was given a piece as a gift. I absolutely love their products and now use it for my everyday dishes, serving bowls, mixing bowls and for most baking. I have visited the yard a few times, usually to check out the seconds. I have never had the opportunity to watch any pieces being made, but it would be fun to see. Worth a visit and the trip is worth it just for the seconds.