“Excellent find for lunch”
Review of Crazy Russian Girls Bakery - CLOSED

Crazy Russian Girls Bakery
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Remember that neighborhood bakery you went to all the time when you were little? Remember the way it smelled and looked? The bakers at CRG are trying to bring back all those memories with our baked goods prepared right in front of your eyes. We use the finest ingredients including King Arthur Flours, Cabot Butter, Belgian Chocolates, and local seasonal produce. Our baked goods taste the way you remember they should. Products include Bread, bagels, a variety of sweet goods, as well as international soups, sandwiches, and hot specials. CRG's bakery and restaurant have been featured in Vermont Life Magazine and was awarded Yankee Magazine Editor's Choice for Best Bakery Lunch in New England 2015.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stopped in to check out the baked goods and had a wonderful lunch to boot. All is made fresh and the turkey I had was made right on the premissions and wasn't the deli type. Real turnkey!! Great portion. Took half the sandwich home. Wonderful cream of mushroom soup. Only suggestions is the servers could be a little more pleasant. But overall a great value.

1  Thank cmp907

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stepped in because we fancied the Name of the cafe. The whole staff was ever so friendly and the Food: Oh mei, these Croissants...! And then we had to try two of those so good looking Cup cakes and they were: mhhhh, so delicious.

1  Thank Therese59
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Had some of the best giant chocolate chip cookies ever right here. I made a point to come by each day I was in Bennington.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Recently visited Bennington and this place looked cool so we tried it. So glad we did! The atmosphere is really comfortable and laid back. The fresh bread smell when you walk in is mouth watering! I ordered the Banh Mi sandwich and it was probably the best sandwich I've ever had. It had a spicy creamy dressing on it, and amazing fresh veggies and herbs. So tasty! My boyfriend had grilled cheese and chicken soup which he liked a lot. We got some tasty dessert after too - chocolate raspberry bar, and carrot cake cupcake. Very yummy. Would love to go back someday if we visit the area! Location is great - right in the middle of town and great for people watching if you sit outside. I highly recommend a lunchtime visit to this cafe/restaurant.

2  Thank josiemonkey
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Wife and friend loved their grilled cheese sandwiches and apple flavored soup. I loved my corned beef sandwich and Mexican soup. Great service, fun experience.

1  Thank dbarms