“Popular downtown eatery”

Madison Brewing Co. Brew Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Madison family has deep roots in the Bennington, Vermont. As locals growing up and living in the area, the Madison's have deep ties to the community and in the early 1990's the family decided to purchase what was then a burned out storefront in Bennington's historic downtown, and convert it into the area's first brew pub. "My brother Mark was part of the inspiration" says co-owner Mel Madison. "He become passionate about brewing beer as a hobby... And that let us to the idea of starting a brew pub." From those humble beginnings, the brewery has developed six regular brews plus a seasonal brew. To complement the brewing is the lunch and dinner offerings as well as Madison's own home-made chips - a favorite at the bar or anyplace. Now into its second decade of operation, the brew pub has become a Bennington fixture and a favorite amongst the locals. We encourage you to stop in and discover for yourself everything Madison's Brewing Company has to offer!
Bennington, Vermont
“Popular downtown eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This local restaurant has its own great beer. Food is consistently good as is the service. The bar has live music usually on the weekends.

Visited July 2014

NJ
“Decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The place was crowded, which indicated it was going to be good food. I have to assume people really come to this place for the beer. The food was ok, just average. Staff was friendly, place was clean, prices not bad. Nothing special.

Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Great sandwich Great beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I went to a wedding in Vermont this weekend. We stopped at the Madison Brewing Company in Bennington for lunch on our way. They had some new melts on the menu so we tried the Turkey and the Waldorf Chicken Salad melt. The were both spectacular. I had the chicken salad melt. It has to be one of the best sandwiches I have ever had. The beer was also excellent.

This is the third time we have stopped there for lunch. The service is great. The staff is very friendly. It is now a must stop for us.

Bennington, Vermont
“Best Nacho's in Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Their menu is great. I love their nachos the most! They also have awesome Yaki-Tori wings that are amazinggggg! Definitely must try them!

Visited August 2014
Poultney, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My friend and I are big beer fans and took a day trip down to Madison to check out the brewery since we hadn't been there before. We loved it! The beer was good, service was great and food was killer. Our server had great recommendations for food and answered all of our questions about the different brews. I wish I had a place like this closer to me.