“Delicious! George is the best!”
Review of Pangaea

Reserve with OpenTable
Pangaea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 76 Restaurants in Bennington
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pangaea is focused on creating an amazing dining experience using the most locally sourced food possible combined with an atmosphere that is very welcoming. You will be able to find food inspired from around the world here at Pangaea.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The food was to notch but our server, George was amazing! I have a gluten allergy and he was so attentive to my special needs as was the chef that I forgot to be diligent. He presented our perfectly prepared dishes and told me what modifications that were made to ensure that I was not "glutenated". Every thing was just fabulous. My husband had the venison appetizer and it was cooked perfectly, they made me a special app that was very yummy. For entree's we had the salmon and the duck both were incredible and we finished by splitting the raspberry lime sorbet. Perfect meal! Food was timed well and we never felt rushed. We will definitely come here again. Thanks George!

1  Thank Peggy C

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My boyfriend and I didn't know much about this restaurant when we arrived but wow! This is now one of my top restaurants and I have had the pleasure of dining in many countries at some truly outstanding restaurants. Fantastic food---lovely, delectable presentation, fresh, delicious produce, sauces that defy expression, meat done to a turn----in a setting that is quiet, charming and without a doubt a match for the food. We came in right at the end of the evening and had the place to ourselves and so were able to talk to the owner who was down to earth and yet clearly a very experienced and sophisticated restauranteur. I could not recommend this restaurant more highly if I tried. A very, very special place.

4  Thank girlfromoutoftown
George Z, Manager at Pangaea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

We are so glad you had a great meal with us. Thank you for your comments see you soon,

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We had a "chef's tasting" as suggested by George; small plates with wines. Everything was simply delicious -from the scallops, to venison, to mushrooms in phyllo to the exquisite lamb! Not to forget the creme Brule. A very special find in Bennington

3  Thank PJ C
George Z, Manager at Pangaea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

It was my pleasure to construct a great pairing for you. Again Happy Anniversary see you soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The service was excellent, the food was good, a tad expensive though. My cup of coffee was really a cup of espresso and there are no refills if you buy coffee. I also felt the décor was not very nice, it needs sprucing up! Then entrance especially is dark and dirty... I am not sure I would go back.

1  Thank tealuv
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We've had a chance to enjoy a few more meals at Pangaea (lounge side) and tried a few new things on the menu, including the amazing beet salad! Their crab cakes were delicious too - not too "breading filled" - just tangy crab meat! The service was great and the staff goes out of their way to make everyone feel comfortable (without being overbearing). Nice wine and beer selections too!

1  Thank EffieMay