“An off-day at an excellent establishment”
Review of Pangaea

Pangaea
Ranked #12 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pangaea is focused on creating an amazing dining experience using the most locally sourced food possible combined with an atmosphere that is very welcoming. You will be able to find food inspired from around the world here at Pangaea.
New York City, New York
“An off-day at an excellent establishment”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The main restaurant is elegant, pricey with excellent food and service. We prefer the more modestly-priced and far more relaxed atmosphere of their lounge with the somewhat more limited menu and have become frequent diners for the past several summers in August. The lounge has always offered fine food at a relaxed but enjoyable pace. This past visit was alarming. The place was packed full and the very friendly staff and kitchen were completely overwhelmed. It was a bit of a disaster. We were part of three groups (all good friends) that coincidentally decided to go there on the same night. I know at least two of the groups had a miserable time waiting for their food, which when finally arrived was somewhat inconsistent in quality. I can only hope that this was an off-day at an otherwise favorite hangout.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank David O

New York City, New York
“Liked the terrace but steak was lacking...literally”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I planned an early dinner so that I could snag a terrace seat on a fine July day. It was curious to me that they have let the vegetation grow up such that you can barely see the river, but I got the one spot where I could. Ordered the steak and cornbread. It was all delicious, made perfectly as requested. What surprised me though was that for over twenty dollars, I expected more than a few strips of meat laid over a piece of cornbread. What I received was appropriate for a lunch but hardly a dinner sized portion...at that price.
Otherwise, service, nice, ambiance nice.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank CSSnowshoer
Hoosick Falls
“It's a great place for a date night”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I love going here with a few friends or for a date night. The atmosphere is very nice and quiet.
It is obvious, by the presentation and flavor of the food, that the chef takes pride with all items leaving his kitchen. Our server was very knowledgable of the menu and the specials being offered.
We had the salad with pickled beets and feta and a quesadilla. But it was hard to make a choice because many things on the menu sounded great. I will be going back soon.

1 Thank Climbtothesky
“Delicious! George is the best!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The food was to notch but our server, George was amazing! I have a gluten allergy and he was so attentive to my special needs as was the chef that I forgot to be diligent. He presented our perfectly prepared dishes and told me what modifications that were made to ensure that I was not "glutenated". Every thing was just fabulous. My husband had the venison appetizer and it was cooked perfectly, they made me a special app that was very yummy. For entree's we had the salmon and the duck both were incredible and we finished by splitting the raspberry lime sorbet. Perfect meal! Food was timed well and we never felt rushed. We will definitely come here again. Thanks George!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Peggy C
Jerusalem
“Amazing, fantastic, absolutely splendid experience”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My boyfriend and I didn't know much about this restaurant when we arrived but wow! This is now one of my top restaurants and I have had the pleasure of dining in many countries at some truly outstanding restaurants. Fantastic food---lovely, delectable presentation, fresh, delicious produce, sauces that defy expression, meat done to a turn----in a setting that is quiet, charming and without a doubt a match for the food. We came in right at the end of the evening and had the place to ourselves and so were able to talk to the owner who was down to earth and yet clearly a very experienced and sophisticated restauranteur. I could not recommend this restaurant more highly if I tried. A very, very special place.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank girlfromoutoftown
George Z, Manager at Pangaea, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We are so glad you had a great meal with us. Thank you for your comments see you soon,

Pangaea