“Stay Away From This One!!”
Review of The Autumn Inn

The Autumn Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Bennington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 October 2009

This is the worse motel that I have ever stayed in. Dirty room, filthy bathroom, poor heat, dangerous water temperature variations. It's advertising suggests a quaint New England Inn -- what a bait and switch!! The front building (pictured in the ads) hides an ugly dirty motel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank HarleyCa

Reviewed 18 October 2009

This hotel was dirty from the lobby to the room. The carpet had not been clearned. The toilet had instructions on how to use a rubber band to make it flush. The wall air conditioning unit was held up with blocks. The lobby had an old table with open boxes of cereal. This is hte worst hotel I have stayed in - never again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeithtCalifornia
Reviewed 10 October 2009

This "Inn" is a real dump. It is so depressing and uninviting that my daughter and I
turned around and left immediately and forteited our room. The photos describing it
are all false. It's not an Inn. It's a dirty, dark, dingy, smelly place. There is no value for the money here as I'd rather lose my money than stay at this dump. There is no Hi-Fi as represented. Complementary breakfast was out in the small sign in room at six o'clock at night when we signed in. In fact, it probably had been out fot the whole month. It included stale cereal in old plastic containers and coffee. My daughter on entering the room and assessing the scene told me "I'm not eating breakfast here." It's an insutl to consumers to offer this accommodation on any respectful site. When we stopped in town, we were told that this was a place prostitutes took their clients. No one should even think of staying here overnight, especially families visiting Benningtown College.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mrfellmd
Reviewed 3 October 2009

My husband and i were in the area and randomly picked this motel. There was a sign that said "no refunds" This should have been a red flag for me. The conmdition of the room was not attractive and not clean. The bathroom had been remodeled but the rest of the room was in need of repair. We were glad that we did not have to turn on the air or heat. They were hooked up by an extension cord, It was a bad experience and definitely overpriced. I felt that we were tkaen advantafe of.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mur40
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I have been to Vermont numerous times and have spent times in various Inns, and B&Bs. A good simplistic stop, easy to find off the Main St. Friendly Innkeeper who was very accomodating to my requests for peace and quiet and not wanting to climb steps, knew the goings on about the areas concert times. Room needed a bit of touch ups with paint and repair) but very comfortable large bed, a/c, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. Very satisfied customer here. Plenty of hot water and fresh towels and linen. .. Not crazy about the room having a door going into the next adjoining room which was sealed off and locked. Some people stayed in the next room one night and you can hear them somewhat. But were quiet at night. Will return again. If simple, friendly, clean and accomodating is what you want then visit Autumn Inn In Bennington.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Staff was always very pleasant and very accommodating on the phone!! Had a little trouble finding it but it is nicely situated off the main road. Very quiet. My room seemed a bit dated but it was clean and very quiet and the price was right ! Nice common area with comfortable seating, internet access for guests and good information about local restaurants and attractions! Pool was great. Place is also close to the hiking trail if you are interested in hiking.

I would recommend this to any family traveling with children, or a rest stop/layover for anyone traveling. Will stay here again next year when we go to the area.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2008

Since our favorite motel was booked, my wife and I decided to try the Autumn Inn. We were elated that they had a room available, but we were concerned after reading a few of the negative reviews on this establishment. We really wanted to visit the area during the height of the fall foliage, so we made the reservation. The moment my wife and I entered our room, we wished that we had heeded the advice of the reviewers. Our room had grease all over the inside of the door, the heat was virtually nonexistent, and the temperature of the shower water went from cool to scalding hot. While checking out, another guest had asked me how I enjoyed my room. When I told him of my complaints, he stated that his room was just as bad except that his shower didn't work.
If you can't find a room anywhere else, I would advise you to pitch a tent in the wilderness rather than stay at the Atumn Inn.

Stayed: October 2008