“Very nice”

Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Very nice”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was a member of a party of 8 at dinner at Allegre. We all had a good time Everyone enjoyed their dishes and the service was attentive, albeit strectched a bit thin because the place could have used an additional server to handle the crowded dining room. I took a risk in a mountain town and ordered a seafood dish - clams and mussels in white wine and garlic. I was very pleasantly surprised; the clams and mussels were fresh and nicely prepared. Also, the pasta was perfectly prepared. All in all, our party had a very pleasant evening at Allegre.

• Visited July 2014

Massachusetts
“Delicious dinner”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just spent a long weekend in Bennington, VT. A great town and area. At the advice of the owner of the B&B where we stayed we walked to this delightful restaurant and had one of the best dinners we've had in a long time! Our waitress was friendly but not too chatty and knowledgeable about the wine and menu. My husband has Celiac and the menu offered many good options. There isn't blaring music so we were able to easily chat with each other. My Arctic Char was superb. We split the dessert (homemade ice cream with salted chocolate sauce) and it was delicious. This place is not pricey. Very reasonable and top quality. We will definitely return for another good meal. (I was unable to respond to the categories below because I don't know the answers.)

• Visited May 2014
Bennington, Vermont
“"THE BEST"”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Great food and a great atmosphere, the best combo for a successful restaurant. Great Italian Restaurant! I wish the restaurant could come up with happy hour specials (including drinks and food) and dinner drink specials. That would be AMAZING!!

Metamora, Michigan
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Monday night's crowd was very small so are server was not over worked. All of the entries looked great and my Spicy Chicken Paste dish was delicious and like no other. Small but very good beer selection included a local craft brew, Stone IPA and some other main stream yellow stuff. Reservations are highly recommended for prime evenings like Thursday thru Sunday.

• Visited May 2014
Connecticut
“good with a few buts”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a lovely dinner at Allegro last night. The wine was great, the food tasty, servers attentive and it had a pleasant ambiance. We would have given Allegro a 5th star had we not had a table that had a view behind the bar area. The bar area was a mess - overflowing trash can and general disorder. I would have felt that much better about the restaurant had I not seen this, or even better if it was maintained a bit better. Our food was delicious even though the pasta in both dishes was a bit watery and soft. The food was tasty and the kitchen very accomodating to our requests.

• Visited April 2014