“Great Italian Food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Found this place on TripAdvisor when in town for a couple of days.

I ordered the Bolognese sauce on ribbon pasta and I can't say enough about the sauce. This was perhaps the best Bolognese I've had in years - including visits to Boston's famed North End. The pasta was done perfectly. Did I say the Bolognese was terrific? <g>

The bread served was very good and replenished without having to ask for more. Service was very good.

Bennington has a real winner with the Allegro. When I'm in Bennington again I'll be sure to stop in for a meal.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We decided to go to this restaurant based on other people's reviews. They were right! This restaurant is unbelievable. The ingredients were fresh and the dishes were innovative. The calamari was superb. The price was excellent. I would drive from New Hartford,CT to go here.
Thank you for a great dining experience.

1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were in Bennington for just one evening, and though we didn't know the area, were glad we checked Trip Advisor! Allegro is the top rated restaurant in Bennington, and for good reason. Nice atmosphere in a converted antique, brick-walled, downtown building, on Main Street, excellent selection, delicious food, reasonable prices, and good service!

If your in the Southwest corner of Vermont (or the Northwest corner of Massachusetts), give Allegro a try ... you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We split the clams, salad, shrimp and asparagus pasta and pork lion, finishing with the tiramisu. All were well prepared and seasoned and cooked properly. The pasta was very good with a very generous portion (could go for three).

The clams and salad makes a nice light meal and the pork loin was cooked to a tender and moist medium.

Well worth returning when in Bennington.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my first time visiting Bennington,VT. I am here for work, but it is a beautiful place to visit as well.
I enjoy great food, nice wines and linen when they are presented in a casual atmosphere. This little restaurant has it all. They have a nice menu and options for gluten free diets. The staff was pleasant and I didn't feel rushed or forgotten.