“Nostalgia”

Apple Barn Country Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Bennington
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Apple Barn is the place I go when I want to get that New England feel of fall -- the country decor and the smell of fresh donuts are just the start! Seasonally, there are different reasons for visiting. I especially love their pick-your-own berries in the summer and am looking forward to the pumpkin patch in the fall.

It's a great place to do an afternoon trip with the kids. Lots of cute gifts and doo-dads -- a little kitchy, but also some worthwhile purchases if you look around.

I do miss the corn maze! I am sure they had good reasons for discontinuing that, but it was always so fun.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We loved our visit to the Apple Barn! Their ice cream selection is amazing! I loved the salted caramel ice cream and my little girl enjoyed the cotton candy flavor. We also were able to find many gifts and keepsake items. Try their apple donuts..they are great.

1  Thank AdessaH
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Apple cider donuts and maple sugar soft serve ice cream were delicious! Actually everything we tried was yummy. They also had a upick strawberry farm, but we didn't have time to do that.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We've been here for over 5 years on trips to Bennington. You can pick berries in the field behind to Barn. You can have Maple sugar ice cream, apple pie ala mode, apple cider donuts and Green mountain coffee. Leah, the owner, is a fabulous lady who you should try to meet while you are there. During "leaf peeper" season the parking lot is full of tour busses. They know the best places in town!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Visited late November and although the Barn was a week away from closing down it still had delicious cake donuts, Cabot extra sharp cheese and Honey Crisp apples. What a find ! Purchased syrups and other items and highly recommend. Pies looked delicious however didn't sample.
Seating available however didn't use.