“For Breakfast-The Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“For Breakfast-The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

What a find! I've always been a Blue Benn regular every summer but I've found a new love. The staff is great, friendly and just the right amount of attentive, and the food was Fantastic. You must try. If you are hungry they do 4-egg omelets. Let me tell you the 3-egg omelets were overwhelming. The homemade hash was not greasy and ranks with the best I've ever had. The lox is smoked on the premises. Everything is fresh and HOMEMADE. The pancakes are the biggest I've ever seen. I overheard them say if you can finish a 'tall' stack they will pay for it. I barely finished a 3-egg omelet but boy, I never could have finished one single pancake, it was that big. And, it looked great. I will order one next time

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Clifton Park, New York
“Overall...not good! Food was the only positive for us.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family and I wanted to grab a quick bite to eat on the way out of town this past Sunday morning. This place looked as good as any. We ended up waiting about 15 minutes, which is normal for breakfast on Sunday. We were seated outside, on the patio, which was perfect because it was a beautiful morning.
Once seated, it took the waitress forever to get around to taking our order. Every time we requested something (another drink, or more silverware), she forgot, and we had to ask another server.
The atmosphere was terrible. It seemed extraordinarily loud on the patio, which didn't make any sense because we were outdoors. Cooks/other servers would pop their heads out of the back door and scream to our server to pick up food and bring it to her other tables. Not just once, multiple times.
They were playing older Italian music in the background, which didn't seem to fit.
There was overwhelming smell of body odor, which may just have been the other patrons, so don't let that statement affect your decision to eat here.
Once the food arrived, it was delicious. It wasn't the best breakfast I've ever had, but it was worth the wait. No complaints on the food. It's clearly why people still eat here.
What I did have a problem with was our bill. This was the most expensive breakfast I've ever eaten. Completely overpriced! I've went out for brunch and had mimosas, and bloody Mary's, and still had a smaller bill at the end of the meal than we ended up paying here.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael M
Manhattan
“Everything was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Walked in for a nice lunch on our way back home and were greeted by a very joyful hostess. We were seated and our waitress, i believe her name was Michelle, took great care of us for the time we were there. We ordered, had great conversations, and then were happily suprised with an outstanding meal. Granted it took a while, but the sevice was on point and the atmosphere was excellent. The food was wonderful and we finished every bite! Great experience! If you want a really fresh meal with a very friendly staff papa petes is the right choice! Hope we get to visit again soon!

bennington
“Best steak and eggs I ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Second time here best steaks big pancakes nice people you will be back if you love a good breakfast or lunch this is the place to Gordon miss this one.

“Over priced!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Hole in the wall is right .. Steak and eggs was shoe leather and eggs. Chicken panini?? Chunked chick thrown on bread, not even grilled with stringy cole slaw for 10.95.. No fries ... Unless you want to pay extra..bill was $42....soo not worth it

2 Thank Pete D
katpolaris, Owner at Papa Pete's of Bennington, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with your meals.
You should have said something to your server, which would have been brought to my attention & we would have taken care of the issue right away.
There was a new cook in the kitchen.
We will be more than happy to reimburse you for the $42.00 you spent at our place.
Again we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.