“In need of management change”

Lake Bomoseen Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bomoseen
Lake Bomoseen Campground
Albany, New York
“In need of management change”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

4th year my family (about 20 of us) stayed, same toilets STILL don't flush, owners VERY grumpy and seem simply annoyed at every question. Owner told my son not to touch anything in the store unless he had money, of course he'd went in with his 9yr old cousin not me. Staff yelled at my nephew for getting scared coming around a blind corner and running into a building, staff was going the wrong way on a one way road with their golf cart and scared him. Big brother is always watching, someone is ALWAYS driving by watching what your doing, very creepy the way they watch over the kids at the pool. It has become very obvious to us that the owners no longer enjoy what they're doing, they became affiliated with KOA late last year, we went back hoping for changes, did see some but it's the owners (management) that needs to change. Could be a great facility and great addition to the KOA chain of camp grounds but it's time to bring in new management. If your going to provide a hot tub then maintain it, scum floating all the time, no chlorine, water temp 102 degrees (come on)!!!! There's a sign that says no one under 18 which I kind of get, this years they did not enforce it in which I'm glad, this is a family campground. I do kind of understand why they don't want under 18, but I think it should say without a parent present and in with you, again it is a family campground.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank George H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saratoga Springs, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I usually love staying at koa's, however we will not stay at the lake bomoseen, VT koa ever again! The staff at this campground are extremely rude. If we had a problem and brought it to there attention, they would get defensive and make it look like we were the ones with the problem. They are not a family friendly camprground! The bathrooms are disgusting and I don't think they were cleaned once during our 3 day stay there! The toilet in the men's room was clogged the whole time we were there, but they didn't put up an out of order sign on the stall. We stayed in one of the cabin's next to the bathroom which is also next to the houses where the staff live, they parked there truck and two golf carts right in the path to the bathroom, which if you didn't have a flashlight at night you would trip over the broken water spicket in the pathway also. They also need to learn to follow there own direction's, there is a one way road and kids ride there bikes in a loop, well the workers and the OWNER ride there golf carts either way they want, the owner almost ran into a boy on his bike making him crash into a building and then yelled at the boy to go slower, when the owner was in the wrong. We were so disappointed in this koa, I think the owners and staff need to go to management camp or something because they do not run this campground like a koa should be run!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Jess532013
Bellport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here all my childhood and started to come again with my kids. Nice small park that is not overly crowed when fully booked. Lake has a beach, and there is a great body launch and docks if you have a boat. The sites are decent sized the website has pictures and descriptions of each site which is extremely helpful when you book a site. Staff are very helpful, and bathrooms are pretty clean for people without campers.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank topmoss
Minneapolitan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

This will not be a very comprehensive review. Basically we drove up to this campground and they acted very annoyed that I would like to see a campsite before paying. The place looked really locked up and it was not at all easy to see what the place might be like. Reviews we had read on trip advisor made us concerned to begin with and the reception we got at the front desk turned us off and away. It was also quite expensive. We found a nearby hotel room for about the same cost.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank nottofrequentflyer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

This place is awesome! We brought our boat and camper. The staff was friendly and helpful !!! Great chili cook off a great way to get people engaged! I would so stat again!! Great job to the staff at the campground. One more thing, the young lady who is 97 selling flowers, awesome job!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Irvqueenny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bomoseen
Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to Lake Bomoseen Campground? Share your experiences!