“So glad we stayed here!”

Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn.
Ranked #4 of 4 Bondville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from staying at Stone's Lodge which is about 25 minutes away from Manchester. We stayed on 10/26 and 10/27. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. We stayed in the Opal Room (Room 18) and found it extremely comfortable and clean. The bed was heaven - a very plush pillow top with soft white sheets. I slept better than I do at home. There was free wifi, the outlets worked and the tv got HBO. The bathroom was clean and the bath/shower worked well. The fireplace was icing on the cake - the innkeeper helped us build a fire - and it was just really nice on a cold Fall night. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Opal Room (Room 18) - it has King sized bed and was lovely.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

well the positives are lovely kind staff ,the negatives are a room which smelt of raw sewage and i do not exaggerate .We stayed two nights as it was prepaid and we had no flexibility in our budget but spent the second night in the cinema and the car. The smell in room 13 (def unlucky for some ) was awful. It made me physically sick and i was unable to eat for two days after, it was a raw sewage stench, which the inn keeper apologised for but said he had no other rooms available. Breakfast is not the breakfast advertised of oats pastries etc but in the reception area (with no chairs ) and you have previously frozen bread a toaster some coffee and a jug of juice. We didnt eat the second morning for being sick from the room stench so I cannot say whether this was improved on .The food in the dining room is quite good but very expensive and a small wine was about £6. This lodge needs attention desperately

Room Tip: avoid 13 well just avoid altogether
4  Thank tinkswales
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had a very good time in spite of the weather. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was older but very well kept and clean.The weather was not the most desireable but the tavern had great food and plenty of tvs to watch your favorite sports on.There was a very large roonm with a dance floor and stage that looked like it would be alot of fun in the winter season.They were located close to outlet shops which made my wife very happy with the weather being what it was.I am very sure I will return this winter as it is only minutes to Stratton Mtn. ski area. Thanks to all,Gary

Room Tip: Get a room with a fireplace for the atmosphere
1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This place is the worst! Apart from the very friendly, helpful staff, Stone's Lodge under delivered in nearly every way possible. No shades or curtain for the largest window in our room? Wet wood for our fireplace? Rock hard beds? Off putting smell in the room? Damaged ceiling covered up with a board? Yes, this place has it all. If what you're looking for is a throwback to the worst 1970s inn from a horror movie, you've found your dream vacation spot. Not even worth the 1/2 price we paid using a Groupon deal. I'm sorry but you (Stone's Lodge) need to get your act together.

• Stayed: October 2012
6  Thank eric_says_this
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I wish I could report better. We purchased the groupon for three nights. Stayed 9/30-10/3.
I have to say the staff was great, kind and attentive. No complaints there.

We checked in and went up to the room. I don't usually require anything fancy, and don't mind if things are out dated, but just let it be CLEAN! I do not know when the photos of this room were taken for the website, but it was NOT recent. The ceilings had water stains and obvious patches. The carpets were stained and appeared to be dirty (I didn't want to walk barefoot). Corners/edges near the wall hadn't seen a vacuum in a while. Empty water bottles under the bed. The beautiful bedspread in the website picture was dingy and stained. The mattress was hard as a rock, creaky and you could feel all the springs. Woke up each morning with back pain. Ended up using the spare blanket under the fitted sheet just to provide some cushion from the springs. The sheets were clean, which was a plus.

The bathroom was dated (no big deal), but there were little toothpaste dots all over the mirror frame. Floor tiles were broken. The shower curtain liner was ripped, stained, and being held on by three of the rings.

There were no screens in the windows, and though the 2nd night we stayed would've been great for fresh air, we didn't really want nature's best buzzing and crawling through the room.

The fireplace was beautiful, as in the picture, but the room was not stocked with anything necessary to use the fireplace. We asked for firewood and they promptly delivered a few fire starters (not the full log, but just the little strips), and three damp logs. No roaring fire for us, but at least it was amusing.

As far as comforts...two bath towels, two hand towels, two wash cloths. No facial tissue. No hair dryer or iron/ironing board (so if you plan on going anywhere nice, pack your own unless you look good in wrinkles). If you don't like waking up on other guest's schedules, bring ear plugs. I heard entire conversations of neighboring guests through the walls and up and down the hallway.

The best things of the stay were the Direct TV and Wireless internet. Went to Fat Spy for dinner the first night, nothing fancy, but it was good enough (though the dinnerware was rather beat up, broken corners on both of our plates).

We spent as little time in the room as possible. I wish them luck at getting updated, but I would have expected that if you're promoting your business on Groupon, you'd want to at least make it clean so you'd be recommended after a visit. Disappointed, but survivable.

3  Thank tiptoethepath
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The two rooms we booked were not habitual ! They were literally in the lobby dirty, dark and frightening! The innkeeper seemed shocked when I told him to refund my money I was not staying in the lodge. He told me I would not find anything in the area for under 100.00. He proceeded to tell me in could rent the rooms for 140.00 (each) I said good luck! Went up the road to Stratton mountain inn paid 80.00 total tax included. 20.00 cheaper then the stone mountain dump.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Deedre
Reviewed 29 September 2012

A great little inn in the heart of southern Vermont. At the base of Stratton Mountain and 20 minutes from Manchester and Bromley.The staff is working hard to get ready for the winter season and were very accommodating and friendly. Nice clean room with a king size sleigh bed with down comforter and a working fireplace. Great ambience for a winter getaway. Cosy restaurant and well stocked bar.with a reasonably priced menu. Try the clam chowder and crab cakes. Also a variety of other entrees, appetizers and salads. We'll be back..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Been to Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn.

Address: 1 River Road, Bondville, VT 05340
Region: United States > Vermont > Bondville
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Bondville
Price Range: £57 - £189 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn. 3*
(Currently closed for renovations.) Property Amenities: Stone's Lodge under Mt. Stratton features multilingual staff, individually designed rooms & the restaurant. For a surcharge, an airport shuttle is available to guests. This Bondville lodge also offers express check-in and a pool table. Business services and wedding services can be provided. Onsite parking is complimentary. Stone's Lodge under Mt. Stratton is a smoke-free property. * Business services * Billiards or pool table * Airport transportation (surcharge) * Pool table * Number of rooms: 20 * Number of floors: 2 * Parking (surcharge) * Banquet facilities * Express check- in * Multilingual staff * Parking (free) * Year Built 1974 * Smoke-free property * Number of buildings/towers 1 * Wedding services. ... more   less
Stone`s Lodge Under Stratton Mtn. Hotel Bondville