“DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME”

Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn.
Ranked #4 of 4 Bondville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We currently have a reservation (or so I thought) for THIS Presidents' weekend Feb. 14, 2014 through Feb. 17, 2014 and NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THE PHONE to confirm my reservation I made 2 months ago??? I've literally called dozens of times and left voice-mails AND I've sent several e-mails to confirm my reservation for DAYS and have not heard ANYTHING.

I called Stratton Mountain and they heard there was a fire this past week at the hotel restaurant??? If this is true, they should have the common courtesy to inform their guests of the status of their reservation.

It looks like we will be staying elsewhere due to the inability of this "hotel" to answer their phone. Not to mention the other horrible reviews below mine.

1  Thank liz46600
There are newer reviews for Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great location but the room had NO hot water, a leaking hole in the bathroom ceiling which kept us awake all night but the extremely uncomfortable king bed helped keep us awake all night. The bed was broken and was "fixed" with wood pieces. We stayed in the onyx room and were very excited as it had a fireplace, king bed in a rustic room but were extremely disappointed. When we told the staff about the leaking ceiling and the lack of hot water(inVT in February) they offered to move us to a queen room at 11pm. It was extremely upsetting and I would not recommend the lodge.

1  Thank Jill S
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I booked a room at this hotel a month and a half ago for this upcoming weekend and received an email today stating that due to an inconvenience, my reservation has been cancelled and they cannot book me in another room. There was no explanation of why and I have not received the refund of the deposit back yet. Unacceptable in my book. Now I don't have a place to stay 3 days before the holiday weekend and all other hotels/lodges in the area are booked. I will never consider staying here again.

1  Thank Erin210
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Things sure did go down hill considering I gave it 5 stars last time we stayed. When we arrived at 9:00 pm the room was below 50 degrees. The heat was broken and the portable heater was off. There was a fireplace that I had to carry the wood up for and keep going all night. You would think for $170 the fire would be ready to go. The next morning the shower knob was broken and the knob for the heat in the bathroom was broken. When we went skiing for the day we left a do not disturb sign on the door and when we came back we noticed the heat was off and the shades where opened. The manager told us she went in the room but did not notice the do not disturb sign. Has anyone else had this problem? Isn't it hard to miss when it is on the door handle she put a key in. If we ever stay again out of desperation I hope it goes better.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John G
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I strongly caution anyone who is looking for hospitality to stay away from this lodge. We made reservations online, showed up at the hotel at 7:00pm to find 3 keys on the front desk with names of people staying there. So the hostess had disappeared despite the sign saying they are there until 10PM. We went into the bar and the bartender was really great. He tried to help us track down the girls from the front and they just disappeared. So he gave us a key. We waited in the bar until 10 when one of the girls came back to actually check us in. The photos on the website are more flashy than what you see at the lodge. Its just unkept. The room was ok, small, clean for what it was. Our television had a green line through it. There was a portable heating unit that was just odd. The baseboard in the room was severly damaged and just nasty looking. We went to the restaurant for free breakfast. The food was ok the hostess at the front cooked for us. There was just coffee (which I dont drink). No juice. She served our food and disappeared so I couldnt even ask for juice. I would recommened the bar area to anyone. Pool tables, air hockey, cornhole and the bartender was just very friendly. Dinner was really good. Aside from the bar I dont recommend this place to anyone. It needs alot of TLC and hospitality. They are losing business walking in off the street because of an unmanned front desk. We saw 3 walk ins leave because no one was there. We were told the hotel was full when we asked for a room with a fire place. The parking lot had 3 cars in it at 11:00pm on a Tuesday night. Hotel was not full, the girl just couldn't be bothered with accommodating us. In the morning, my glass from the night before was still on the bar. The girls at the front desk are supposed to clean - this was 10am. I dont see this place surviving without some kind of Management intervention.

2  Thank Tina L
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My boyfriend and I came to the stone lodge this weekend with the intention of having a nice, somewhat-romantic stay at an affordable place and get some skiing in. Unfortunately the weather was horrible for skiing, but we are so glad we booked the Onyx Room at the Stone Lodge for our stay because with the fireplace and the cozy couch, we were able to enjoy our day and night here. The staff was very accommodating and allowed us to check in early (since we didn't ski). The fireplace was key! We really enjoyed relaxing in our room. It was also very nice not to have to leave the stone lodge to go to the bar or get dinner. The food was mediocre but it wasn't overpriced so that was okay. The bartenders and waiters were very pleasant. The Tavern (Fat Spy Bar) was fun with a game room and football playing on a large screen (which my boyfriend enjoyed).

I lost my earring and we had to search the room for it, and that is how we came up with our only complaint... searching the couch, bed and under furniture for the earring we discovered how dusty and dirty parts of the room were, with an empty gatorade btl under the bed and crackers in the couch (yuck!)

Overall, we had a great experience here at the Stone Lodge. And we will book another stay here when we return to ski!

Room Tip: This is an old building so be aware you will hear people walking up and down the stairs and hear doo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cesira F
Reviewed 3 January 2014

If you are pampered New Yorker and expect the Ritz Carlton you should not even think of staying here.
On the other hand, if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay that is just a few minutes from Stratton mountain, it’s a very cute option.
There are 20 rooms and each one is different. Beds and linens are very comfortable – Towels are on par with Holiday inn (at best) and won’t make around your waist if you are more than 34 inches. Rooms are cheaply but adequately furnished. Bathrooms are outdated but functional.
Yana the European hostess is charming and all the staff are warm and friendly.
Walls are thin and if you have some newlyweds staying next to you, you might get a little free entertainment. We had no trouble sleeping and found the place was pretty quiet by 10pm
Breakfast at the connecting Fat Spy restaurant was included. They have a great selection of local beers and dinners and appetizers were very good.
Bottom line – it’s not glamorous but its clean, friendly and convenient and probably 1/3 the price of other places

Room Tip: Video of each room available on hotel web site
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondville
Kimpton Taconic Hotel
#1 of 4 in Bondville
Snowdon Chalet
Snowdon Chalet
#1 of 3 in Londonderry

Been to Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn.

Address: 1 River Road, Bondville, VT 05340
Region: United States > Vermont > Bondville
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Bondville
Price Range: £55 - £185 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn. 3*
(Currently closed for renovations.) Property Amenities: Stone's Lodge under Mt. Stratton features multilingual staff, individually designed rooms & the restaurant. For a surcharge, an airport shuttle is available to guests. This Bondville lodge also offers express check-in and a pool table. Business services and wedding services can be provided. Onsite parking is complimentary. Stone's Lodge under Mt. Stratton is a smoke-free property. * Business services * Billiards or pool table * Airport transportation (surcharge) * Pool table * Number of rooms: 20 * Number of floors: 2 * Parking (surcharge) * Banquet facilities * Express check- in * Multilingual staff * Parking (free) * Year Built 1974 * Smoke-free property * Number of buildings/towers 1 * Wedding services. ... more   less
Stone`s Lodge Under Stratton Mtn. Hotel Bondville