“Good accommodation, wonderful hosts”
Review of Bromley View Inn

Bromley View Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bondville B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Good accommodation, wonderful hosts”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hosts Kevin and Cami (and their charming daughter Emily) are the real stars of this otherwise perfectly adequate, if not great, B&B. Right from the start you are treated more like visiting family than paying guests. Kevin is particularly helpful in guiding tourists to the best spots (although I am not sure I completely agree with his restaurant recommendations).

Our room was very clean and cozy. Breakfasts were not gourmet but hearty and generous. Expect eggs and pancakes or French toast, with plenty of premium maple syrup.

Price seemed quite reasonable for the level of hospitality and service.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms have views and private decks. A couple have jetted tubs which are nice, but locate...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bomoseen, Vermont
Reviewed 16 September 2013

As parents of the Groom we were looking for an Inn near the wedding site where the entire family could stay. We had stayed here once before and loved the 'VT Flavor' of the Bromley View Inn. We met with the Innkeepers and decided to hold the Rehearsal Dinner here, also. We had family members from 7 to 92 yrs. old and all raved about the hospitality, rooms and...amazing breakfasts! As for the Rehearsal Dinner: Innkeepers Kami and Kevin spent their 16th Wedding Anniversary assuring that the evening was perfect for our son and his bride (and 50 guests). The Inn was warm and inviting and the FOOD - from appetizers to dinner to desserts - was AWESOME! We requested seasonal food choices that reflected Vermont using as much local produce as possible. They delivered with local apples topped with maple cream cheese, fresh cornbread with maple butter, local seasonal veggies, mini carrot cake cupcakes and maple nut bars (the mousse wasn't local or seasonal but was 'to die for'!) and wonderful Vermont coffee and local beers. The Innkeepers accommodated our every need and we couldn't be more convinced that we made the perfect choice to hold all our festivities at the Bromley View Inn. Thanks Kami, Kevin and Emily for a memorable weekend!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea M
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Inn during Bondville Fair weekend. View was nice, but that was about it. Room was clean but small, with cheap furnishings, and there was no TV. It was like staying at someone's grandmother's house (but not in a good way). Would have paid $80 but $170 a night was outrageous for what you get. No one at desk, no one in the lounge, no amenities. Dog were ok on leash but not a place to stay for a romantic or family getaway if you are used to any kind of basic standard Holiday Inn or similar.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank DeeRayT
BromleyViewInn, Owner at Bromley View Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
We are sad that this experience was not like many of our other guests. We do have guest rooms with TV's. being a B&B, not all rooms have TV's as some guest really appreciate getting away. The room this guest booked was one without. We also strive on customer service. For amenities we have WiFi, cable tv in select rooms, a 52" TV in the lounge area for all guests to watch, a closet full of games, pool table, book shelves full of books for guest use, and a full hot breakfast daily. Being that we are owner operated, we do have certain times of say that we may not be available. This time allows us to grocery shop, spend time with family, or attend to appointments and other personal needs. We always leave a contact number andante sure we respond to our guests needs ASAP.

The reviewer in question was allowed to check in 5 hours early. We had afternoon plans and stepped away from the Inn. The reviewer did call the contact number and the request was immediately taken care of. I would suggest that anyone looking for 24 hour services stay at a hotel or motel that is equipped for this. Most b&b's are setup in the fashion that we operate.
Shreveport
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Note: Review from an A.T. hiker.

While most other A.T. hikers head west into the town of Manchester Center to resupply, after reading Trip Advisor reviews about Bromley View Inn, I decided to head east off of VT 11/30. Glad I did!

I called the owner, Kevin, about three miles south of the highway and scheduled a pickup, free with stay, at the trail head. The A.T. Guide didn't mention laundry availability for this Inn so I asked Kevin about allowing me to do a load and he said, "I can help you out." I also asked if he could get me to the Bromley Market for resupply and he said, "no problem."

So for so great. His sweet wife comes home that evening, introduces herself, and invites me for dinner with them. This shocks me for it's at their expense. I wonder if Kevin told her they had a skeletal man staying there that evening. They have to know the quantity of food a long distance hiker can put away.

The next morning Kevin served me a wonderful breakfast, which is included with stay, and drove me back to the trail. Also included with stay.

I am all about customer service. After needing a break from the trail, the Lord couldn't have sent me to a finer place. Thank you Kevin for helping a weary soul in need of hospitality. You have that old school southern hospitality other modern business owners should emulate. I wish your business and your family the very best.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank john h
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The reviews before me say everything but i'll try and add...

Sure you can stay at the mountain in the McHotel for a couple bucks less but you miss out on everything that makes this place great. The breakfast, the rooms (each which are unique), the bar a few feet from your room, the puppies that walk you to your room, the alpacas that let you pet them, the fire place in the common room that you can read around or play any of their board games or puzzles, and did i mention the breakfast!

This is all before you meet the hosts Kevin and Kami, 2 of the nicest, most hardworking, honest people I've met. I would go there just to hangout with them, they are that pleasant and warm and welcoming. I asked Kevin for a skit ticket to Stratton since I knew he sold them for a discount, and he sent me to a website with even cheaper lift tickets and printed out the confirmation for me. Kami is awesome to just sit there and talk to for hours like we did after a day of skiing. They also have scarves and gloves and hats for sale that Kami knits using the fiber from the alpacas in the back. I've been using my hat since i got back and it keeps my ears and heda warm after hours of being out side.

This is the second year we've been back for the end of Feburary and hopefully we'll be coming back for the next 20 years as our annual ski trip.

Their motto is "come as guest, leave as friends, return as family"
Thank you so much Kevin and Kami Good Luck and see you next year!

New Jersey
Reviewed 28 February 2013

What more can I say?! The Bromley View Inn was absolutely wonderful. We arrived on Friday night, greeted by Kevin and the labs and went to our room to unwind. We stayed in the Green Mountain Suite which was great. The room was very clean and had charm. It had a fire place and jacuzzi tub which came in handy after a couple long days of skiing. The breakfasts (garlic cheddar eggs, lemon ricotta pancakes, maple french toast, apple cinammon french toast, bacon and eggs) were delicious! You can either get one choice or a combo. I highly recommend the combo :)

We skied Stratton on Saturday and Sunday and were not far from the mountain at all. Perfect location - about a 15 minute drive. You can ski Bromley as well but Stratton is a bit bigger. You can also head into Manchester which is a short drive (about 15 minutes) if you aren't a skier. Or head to Grizzly's on Stratton Mountain. They make a mean bloddy mary.

Restaurant Recommendation : Johnny Seesaw's in Peru. This is right past the base of Bromley mountain and an absolute jem. I highly recommend you check it out. There is a fire pit right in the middle of the restaurant that adds to the ambiance. Wonderful staff and the food is delish!

All in all, we had a wonderful stay at the Bromley View Inn and cannot wait to come back.

2 Thank Skinvail34
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bromley View Inn over President's Day weekend for a ski trip. The second we got there Kami was very welcoming and showed us to our room. We stayed in the Labrador room. It was convenient being on the first floor. The room was cozy and clean. Also the fireplace in the room was great for extra heat. The only downside was it was a little noisy being on the first floor, but Kevin took care of it immediately! We loved their three dogs at the Inn..very friendly! The bar area was nice too! There was always a parking space available as well! The Inn is very close to Bromley, Stratton, and fairly close to Okemo too so it made it nice traveling to all the ski resorts. Also, the Inn had a BEAUTIFUL view! Breakfast was absolutely phenomenal every morning! Seriously the best breakfast we've had! Kami and Kevin were excellent hosts and we had a great trip! Will be back again!

Room Tip: The only thing we might do differently next stay would be to stay in a room with a tv and a room tha...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondville
Manchester View
#7 of 16 in Manchester
The Upper Pass Lodge
The Upper Pass Lodge
#1 of 4 in Londonderry

Been to Bromley View Inn? Share your experiences!