“I'm not really a cyclist...”
Review of Inn to Inn

Inn to Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Brandon
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1975, Vermont's premier vacation planners. Inn to Inn offers custom-designed self-guided and guided itineraries staying at a number of classic Vermont country inns. Use our turn-by-turn cue sheets to cycle well-vetted Champlain Valley backroads or hike award-winning National Forest trails by day, and treat yourself to the comforts of a fine Vermont country inn or bed & breakfast by night. All-inclusive packages mean you don't have to worry about a thing. Our independent tours start any day you want and last as many days as you wish. This is Vermont as it is meant to be experienced: up close and at your own pace.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I'm not really a cyclist. My husband is, however. I booked 4 nights and 3 days of biking with Seth. His service is great, and he provided everything he promised, without a hitch. I can't get over how easy it was! My one issue is that I'm not a cyclist (remember I said that?) Seth said that the biking was 'relatively easy' and that we would have an elevation gain of about 200 feet over the course of our first day. We had an elevation gain of 2,200 feet based on the GPS app my husband used to track our ride on his iPhone...which led me to believe that Seth may not have biked these routes himself. It was quite difficult cycling. If you're a cyclist, have fun. If you're not, be aware what you're getting into.
Seth took care of all the arrangements and payments with the inns, transferred our luggage and gave us a route each day. Check out the Inns he books for you on tripadvisor to be sure you'll be happy.

1  Thank jen19027
Seth H, Owner at Inn to Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

So glad to read that the service was great and the tour went without a hitch.

I think we may have had a simple miscommunication on the elevation aspect, and I apologize for that. When I gave you the orientation talk and said your first inn was at about 450' above sea level, and Lake Champlain was about 100' above sea level, I wasn't giving you total gain/loss, just the general lay of the land -- that you were starting at your high point and the terrain generally pitches down to the west and slightly north around here. The constantly rolling hills between inn #1 and inn #2 on any given day would certainly add up over the course of a 30 or 40 mile ride: it's not one straight inclined plane down from point A to point B, as "Vermont Ain't Flat" is what the t-shirts say.

For a ride in the distance you requested to have a total of only 200' of gain would require basically a rail trail, of which there are hardly any in Vermont. The lower Champlain basin is the most pleasant and least challenging biking in Vermont, and we don't go up into the Green Mountains or even their foothills except on request from guests. I am sorry if the riding was more demanding than you wanted; we do always include safe, vetted, paved shortcuts for each day to moderate the effect of the hills.

Thank you for touring with us, and for taking the time to share your review.
Seth

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We recently did a two-day, two-night bike trip with Inn to Inn and were very happy. The routes were clear and at the distance/difficulty level we had expected, the bikes were good, the Inns were great. Seth was very helpful ahead of time and when we arrived. Many thanks for a fun trip, we'll be back another summer!

Seth H, Owner at Inn to Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your nice review. :) We are glad you enjoyed your trip, and that the terrain was as you expected and the inns were to your taste. We enjoyed hosting you .... and are pleased to have a "Paris, France" tack in our office map where we keep track of guest visits! :)
Merci beaucoup, mes amis,
Seth.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We could not have picked better weather for our ride in Vermont. The scenery was just beautiful on our quiet rides through the Vermont countryside. We stayed at four great inns, each with their own distinct personalities. Don't go thinking you will lose weight with all the riding - the breakfasts and dinners are so delicious and so much food you won't lose any weight. As a sidenote I have an egg allergy and the innkeepers were all very accommodating with dealing with my egg allergy. Seth did an outstanding job planning our trip giving us all the information beforehand and then meeting with us at the start of our trip to give us our route instructions and go over highlights some things to do. I took a photo of the instructions with my iPhone and had an iPhone mount on my bike and was very easily able to follow the directions. Seth was also great as our third day I wasn't feeling well and when he came to pick up our luggage he picked us up and brought us back to our car.i really liked that you could tailor the rides to how many miles you wanted to ride each day and there is help along the way if you need it, or one day the weather is bad or you just don't feel like riding. I really enjoyed this trip and look forward to hopefully do it again next year.

Seth H, Owner at Inn to Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for finding us, and choosing us for your Vermont inn to inn tour. It was my pleasure to meet you at trip start and to facilitate your trip. Having the iPhone mount on your bike and viewing the directional cues that way is a great innovation on your part! Glad your trip was a success, and thank you for composing such a nice review.
Seth

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is to rave about the Inn to Inn experience. I just completed my second trip in as many summers, and had an absolute fantastic experience. Seth is so meticulous in the planning and laying of routes, adapting to personal distance and terrain preferences. Route maps with step-by step directions for self-guided tours are well documented. It is comforting to know there is always the chance to call Seth for help along the way. Each of the 4 inns we stayed in had their own charm and character, and all were hosted by very welcoming and friendly innkeepers. We met other couples and riders along the way and had the chance to share meals and evening chats in the inns. Last year I did this as a solo trip, and this year I rode with a friend. Seth made sure to ensure I did not duplicate rides, although to be honest, the scenery is so inspiring I wouldn't have minded! Definitely plan to do this again... good physical activity by day, and gentle pampering with rooms and meals at night!

Seth H, Owner at Inn to Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your return visit! Bringing a friend the second time is very gratifying to us, as it is the best and most personal kind of endorsement. We are delighted that you enjoy experiencing Vermont this way. Thank you for the great photo and the great review!
Seth & Olya

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This company by far is a wonderful way to hike through Vermont. I have used this company for the past two years for three different trips and have never been dissapointed. Seth, the owner, offers planned trips or for a customized trip he will make arrangements based on what you would like to accomplish. You stay at one of the several inns that they work with, there you will have your dinner then breakfast and a trail lunch will be packed for you for a full day of hiking. If needed, you will pack your car and the owners of the inn will drive you to the end of a trail of your choice, where you leave your vehicle. They will then drive you to the start of your trail to enjoy your day of hiking. Its a wonderful experience and the trail lunch is always plentiful and tasty. You finish your hike where your vehicle was parked. Depending on the length of your hike, you have plenty of time to enjoy the area before heading to the next inn where you repeat the process. You can stay at the same inn or change to different inns each night. I would suggest changing inns so you get a chance to experience all the many places they have available. I have taken many friends on these trips and everyone has loved the experience. Every inn I have stayed at offered something different and the inn keepers are always wonderful.

2  Thank Kathleen L
Seth H, Owner at Inn to Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are delighted that you enjoy the hiking format we offer. It is especially gratifying that you have done multiple Vermont trips with us. Our innkeepers are always so pleased to have hosted you. I am looking forward to seeing you again to facilitate your next trip later this month.
With thanks and very best wishes,
Seth & Olya.