“Best breakfast in town”
Review of The Gazebo Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brandon
The Gazebo Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Brandon B&B and Inns
Westford, VT
“Best breakfast in town”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I loved the beautiful old Vermont Victorian house with its lovely antiques and theme rooms . Very clean, good AC if needed, and quaint decorating. Best of all, however, is the fantastic breakfast that the Hostess, Donna, prepares each morning. Even a small snack ready at tea time for those interested. Great conversations and hospitality.and enjoyed the artsy town of Brandon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Donna, the owner, greeted me as soon as I pulled in. She opened the door, and said, "Are you Beth?" She welcomed me right in with my bags, had me sign the guest book and led me to the Lilac Room. It was neat and clean and decorated in true Victorian New England style. She made reservations for my colleague and me at a local restaurant, and when I returned to my room, I was touched to find the shades drawn and the bed turned down.

Breakfast was amazing! She greeted me right away with coffee, which I sipped while strolling around her beautiful gardens-in-progress. She then served blueberry pancakes with real Vermont maple syrup, gorgeous, ripe, fruit salad, yogurt, granola, bacon, and orange juice.

The Gazebo Inn is the perfect, quintessential New England B&B, and Donna is a world-class hostess and an amazing cook with wonderful stories to tell. Thank you, Donna, for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Glenside, PA
Reviewed 30 July 2011

When we arrrived at the inn on a very hot Saturday afternoon, we were met by Donna, the owner, who gave us a welcome smile and a dish of freshly sliced watermelon. We were then shown to our lovely rooms.

Our six night stay at the inn could not have been more pleasant. The food was well prepared and served in an attractive setting. We enjoyed Donna's company so much that at times we remained long after our breakfasts for wonderful conversations that almost made us late for our classes in town!

Donna took notice of our individual needs and went out of her way to see that we wanted for nothing.

We look forward to returning to the Gazebo for another week next year!

Room Tip: One room is on the first floor which would be handy for someone who has difficulty climbing staird.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Saugerties, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Over the Christmas holiday my husband and I decided to have a short
getaway to Vermont from our home in New York. The TripAdvisor reviews
indicated there would be a warm, inviting place to stay at The Gazebo
Inn in quaint Brandon. The review was right on the mark. We were just
charmed by the lovely home with wide-wood pumpkin pine floors, fine antiques
and original art. We spent most of our down time in the library by the
woodstove fire.

Our room was so cozy. The Sheer Lilac Room has its own staircase,
separate bedroom,dressing room, and marble-floored bathroom. Again the coziness was felt as we were enclosed in a down featherbed, comforter, and pillows. The evening turn-down service was such a treat after a long day of cross-country skiing.

Food offerings consisted of being served coffee and pumpkin bread outside
our door at 7a.m., a fabulous breakfast to begin our winter day, and an
assortment of afternoon tea offerings. I especially enjoyed the maple scones. We had dinner in town at Cafe Provence- yummy!

We're returning in a few weeks for another winter getaway, this time
trying the other queen room called the Cinnamon Silk Suite.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Innkeeper, Donna Taylor, has created a unique and inviting nest in a lovely quintessentially Vermont town. We were there in early November and enjoyed her hospitality and good advice for making the most of our weekend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I'm surprised this B&B is #1 in Brandon...we stayed there based on ratings and I was a bit disappointed. The outside appearance is run down...the house needs a new paint job and the garden needed some TLC. The inside rooms felt like they needed to be refreshed...I know it is supposed to have the quaint antique feel, but it didn't quite have that charm...it felt like it needed an uplift. The innkeeper Donna was very hospitable...quite chatty...and a great cook...she tried her best to make our stay there nice. I think for the price I would stay elsewhere...if she lowered her room rates, it may be worth it...not the best B&B I've stayed at and not the worst....

One gem in Brandon is the Cafe Provence - a MUST if you are passing through this small town.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TrvlBoots
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We didn't know what to expect, as we had never stayed in a small Historic Inn. But the Gazebo Inn surpassed all our expectations. We stayed in the Rose Velvet room, which of course had a rose theme, including rose towels, rose hand lotion, and just about everything else decorated with roses. So lovely, so cozy. The quilts on the bed were super comfortable and though it's an old property, there seem to be strong walls, as we didn't hear any other guests while we were in our room. Everything was clean and ready upon our arrival. Another great feature is the friendliness and hospitality of the Owner, Donna. She welcomed us as we arrived and provided a scrumptious, homemade and nutritious breakfast, served at a super elegant table. We would definitely return to this property if we are in the Middlebury/Brandon area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Courtyard Middlebury
#1 of 11 in Middlebury
The Inn at Neshobe River
The Inn at Neshobe River
#6 of 10 in Brandon

Been to The Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!