“countryside comfort”
Review of The Gazebo Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brandon
The Gazebo Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Brandon B&B and Inns
NY. NY
“countryside comfort”
Reviewed 19 October 2008

After spending a long indian summer weekend admiring the foliage the western VT hill country, retiring to the comfort of the Gazebo inn was a luxurious ending to each days adventure!
The Inn and grounds are such a pleasure to stay in, and the proprietress treated us to local history and geography, fabulous home-baked treats and evening conversation over hot apple cider!

It's convenient location off route 7 allowed both rural exploration and shopping and sightseeing in town, keeping everyone happy. With Donna to help arrange and strategize local day trips, it made choosing between luxuriating in the snuggly linens (or claw foot bath tub!) or enjoying the local artisans, restaurants and incredble nature the hardest decision I had all weekend. Poor me.

If you get the opportunity to stay here, its the perfect accomodation for the Vermont experience!

• Liked — the breakfast is AMAZING!
  • Disliked — The only trivial pursuit board was the "totally 80's" variety, I am no good at that one!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
new york
Reviewed 21 September 2008

My wife and our two children (ages 5 and 1) stayed at the Gazebo Inn this summer. We had a very nice time. The Inn keeper, Donna, was warm and accomadating. The plus for me was how kid friendly the place was. Not all B&B's are this way. I recommend anyone who has children and want to experience the beauty of Vermont, to go to the Gazebo Inn

Stayed July 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 8 September 2008

I am lucky enough to have had two getaways to the Gazebo Inn, one cozy winter weekend, and a return trip the following summer.
I enjoyed chatting around the fire in February and relaxing in the garden in July.
The Inn and grounds are lovely, and located easy walking distance to everything in charming Brandon center. Venturing further, in winter we had a great visit to nearby Killington, and in summer, a day trip to swimming holes and a neighboring town's firemen's barbeque.
Both capped off by an amazing night's sleep in those wonderful beds I still covet!

Stayed July 2007
Livonia MI
Reviewed 14 October 2007

What a pleasant surprise this bed and breakfast was. Donna Taylor was a great hostess and cook. Comfortable beds and comfortable surroundings are just two of many great attributes this bed and breakfast has. Located in a great part of Vermont, it is conviently located right near the center of town.

Everything about this B&B is unique, it well decorated with period appropriate pieces typical of a house of its era, the innkeeper Donna is a great cook, wonderful coversationalist, and just an all around pleasant person. She is very thoughtful (with her day bags full of fresh baked muffins, fruit and trailmix), helpful and has a very guest oriented attitude.

This location is perfect for day excusions into Mass, Conn, NY or anywhere in South or North VT. It is quite literally the perfect inn in the perfect location, it relationship to state parks, local sites, major roads and landmarks makes this B&B, from a geographical sense, the tourist's best option for maximizing an extended weekend in Central Vermont.

A tourist will not be disapponted in staying here. You won't be sorry.

• Liked — Food, customer service, location and price
  • Disliked — no TV in rooms, proximatly to road, not enough site lighting
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 3 September 2007

I stayed at the Gazebo Inn during the weekend of Sept. 1 for a destination wedding. I didn't know what to expect, but I was immediately happy that I chose to stay at the Gazebo- Donna (the Inn owner & operator) greeted me and showed me to my room. She was extremely kind and made me feel like part of her family.
She also had iced tea and cookies in the common room for her guests to enjoy.

I stayed in the Rose Velvet room, which was the smallest room in the inn (it was more than enough space for me though- it had two beds & could sleep 3 comfortably). The bathroom was completely renovated & had great water pressure & an awesome shower head. There were lotions, shower gels, and anything else I could possibly need at my disposal. I slept better during my stay at the Gazebo than I have in years. The rooms are all air-conditioned and frequently renovated.

Donna cooked a wonderful traditional Vermont breakfast in the morning- complete with pineapple french toast & Vermont maple syrup, delicious fruit, pumpkin bread, cottage cheese, bacon, coffee, tea, granola, and the list goes on... She wakes up at 4:45 am to start preparing breakfast for her guests!!

As for location, the Gazebo is within a short walk (only about a half a mile) to town, and their are sidewalks thoughout Brandon, making it a very pleasant place for a stroll.

I usually don't write reviews, but I wanted to share this amazing little B&B...I can't say enough good things about it!

P.S. If you make the trip to Brandon, try Cafe Provence- the food is wonderful!!

• Liked — accomodations, breakfast, location, relaxation
  • Disliked — nothing- it was wonderful!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Courtyard Middlebury
#1 of 11 in Middlebury
The Inn at Neshobe River
The Inn at Neshobe River
#6 of 10 in Brandon

Been to The Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!