“Not the best in Quality Inn offerings, but not the worst!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Potsdam, New York
“Not the best in Quality Inn offerings, but not the worst!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The King NS room we had was very nice for the price, it had been updated recently and all features one desires were present except for the missing smoke detector. We appreciate having a working refrigerator provided, and the basic amenities were Quality Inn standards. Staff was helpful and competent. What this property lacks is management with an understanding of how little things signal bigger disappointments to visitors. The side entryway had NOT been updated with the rooms, and was unsightly with paint chipping off and carpet dirtied from previous damage to the walls without any attention. The side door opens out onto two concrete steps below door level, and I can only imagine people slipping on ice and falling off these steps without a railing or landing. Worst part was the migrating smells from the Sakura Japanese Restaurant that came down the open hallway and settled into our airspace every time the room door was opened. They really should create an air separation so the hotel guests don't have to smell the frontend restaurant - even pleasant aromas turn into unpleasant odors as they age and get stale. Breakfast served in the restaurant wasn't plentiful but did have several hot options, and would have been a bit more enjoyable if not mixed with the lingering smells from the previous night. Worth stopping at if in town, but not a destination unless some items are addressed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdkadk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Auburn, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

It's hard to write anything special when ti comes to Quality Inns. While they are nice, they aren't going to be GREAT. This is only because of the price point these come in at.

Now that being said, this was a nice hotel, with a pleasant staff, albeit, she didn't come in to take care of us, until she was done her cigarette. But that didn't take to long so not a big deal.

The room was nice and quiet, clean, with a nice BIG TV. A refrig, and microwave. The room was in the back, so any highway nice was little if at all.

It was close to the downtown area, which is Very Nice. We love going to, walking and checking out downtown areas when ever we travel.

Brattleboro seems to be a very nice little town, that we WILL go back to this year. And we will consider staying here then too.

Now before I forget, the New Oriental Restaurant was SLOW. 35 Minutes for a take out meal, and they weren't busy. They just forgot us.

Our meal, while not what I expected, was hot, and very good.

Room Tip: Not sure about the front rooms, but the rooms in the back and nice and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I had a great stay here at the Brattleboro VT Quality Inn. It was very clean and everyone was friendly and nice. KFC McDonald's all types of food places, gas stations. Nice area will come back. Very safe and friendly staff. We stayed in newly renovated area of the hotel. The bed were comfortable and room was clean. Kids enjoyed the pool and we enjoyed New England beauty.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

After reading the last few reviews of this place , This was an opportunity to submit a review our stay.
After traveling several hours on the road we decided to stop for the night. When checking in to Quality Inn by the helpful staff who told us we were staying in the newly renovated area of the hotel. Got to our room to find it quite pleasant. It smelled of clean and refreshed. The beds were comfortable and the continental breakfast was adequate.
We decided to take in all the sites Brattleboro had to offer and found the people very friendly. We stayed the second night had lunch at the sushi restaurant adjacent to the hotel.
This place is going through renovations to improve to quality. Brattleboro is a small community and not New York so the amenities will not be as great.
The price was very reasonable and if you are looking for five star get to the Waldorf and find something to complain about there..
Thanks to the staff for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Tribury CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed at the Quality Inn in Brattleboro VT on July 18th 2013. Let me start by saying I stayed here once a few years ago and had an uneventful stay. This trip was different. Checked in and the lobby looks run down. My room was just as booked but it also was quite run down, the carpet had quite a few dark stains and it smelled dank. Had a decent nights sleep and woke to find a few blood spots on the sheets. Hoping for the best I grabbed a coffee and checked out. Coffee with the ONLY thing I would touch at the breakfast buffet, not very appetizing.

Woke the next day back at home and I had over 100 bed bug bite welts all over my body including my face. The Quality Inn in VT and Choice Hotels Int. have been very unresponsive to the situation and have not given so much as a apology, let alone any compensation.

Another thing about this property, there are many side doors into the building and none of them have key card locks or locks of any kind for that matter. Brattleboro has quite a few unsavory characters and there is nothing to keep them out.

The rates here are cheap, is most cases you get what you pay for. Here I got much more!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Gary E

Travellers are raving about these Brattleboro hotels

Charlotte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel was without a doubt the most revolting room I have ever stayed in. Although the management claims the hotel is "smoke-free," all of my and my sons' clothing reeked of cigarettes after staying in that pit for just one night. The hotel certainly does not enforce their smoke-free policy: not only did most of the rooms there smell like ash trays (was there for a lax tournament and everyone was horrified by the stench of their rooms), but I also noticed a man sauntering down the hallway the morning we were leaveing, cigarette in hand without consequence. I voiced my concern to the front desk manager whose cavalier and seemingly well-rehearsed response belied his feigned surprise by my upset/irritation. To top it off, when finally falling asleep, found carpenter ants in my bed. Will never go there or any Quality Inn ever again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cricket B
Qualityinnvt027, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies over the smell of the room. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this will be acted upon immediately. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We would never expect any of our guests to accept sub par accommodations. Quality Inn of Brattleboro is a smoke free property and our staff work diligently to make sure our guests receive exactly what they expect.

Additionally, we are also a full service hotel and have staff available 24 hours a day. We request that if any of our guests have an issue to please call the supervisor and we will work diligently to make sure it is resolved.
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had reservations to stay as this dump July 5th and 6th (2013) for a lacrosse tournament. If you are a smoker and tolerate filth you will love this pit.

All the reviews that claim this hotel is "decent" are all complete lies from paid reviewers and 100% fictional. Do not be fooled. Unfortunately for us -- we arrived at 10:00pm, got our room keys and headed to our dirty and stinking room. Honestly it was like I was stepping into a bar in East Providence, year -- 1977. I first thought was, someone has just finished a pack of cigarettes in this room 20 minutes ago. My two teenage sons would not enter the room. My wife refused to bring our bags past the threshold.

We promptly returned to the lobby and explained the nonplused manager that we had accidentally been given a "smokers" room -- to which he replied "that is impossible, this entire hotel is non-smoking". How he was able to complete that sentence with a straight face earned him an Academy Award. Unflinchingly, he explained we "could take it or leave it".

Desperately I searched four other hotels in Brattleboro, while my family stayed in the lobby of this dump. Miraculously I was able to find a room at the Holiday Inn Express at 11pm, which ironically only had a "smoking" room to offer -- but 100-times more tolerable than the squalor and stench of the "Quality" Inn.

This hotel is a trap ... I hope you never have to stay here..

Room Tip: Whole hotel stinks.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rich S
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. My team & I take feedback very serious, and I apologize that we did not meet up to your expectations. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not a happy stay, as we strive to give our best. I hope you are able to give us another chance to show you that we can provide a clean room, and can meet a your needs.
As I have mentioned in a previous TA feedback. We have staff that is working 24 hours a day.
Our professional staff will always work diligently to meet the expectations of our valuable guests without exception.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Latchis Hotel
Latchis Hotel
#2 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!