“Just Awful”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Just Awful”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Worst place I have stayed in my life! Booked the room last minute as everywhere else was sold out. Got the last available room here. Toilet did not flush properly and the room itself was dirty. We got in late so had no choice but to stay. Slept on top of the bed spread. Stairway and halls were dirty. Do not stay here! Just very run down, old and dirty.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

You get what you pay for. Got a cheap rate, but still expect things to be clean. The hallways are dirty, the housekeeping rooms are dirty, the restaurant has old stains on the ceiling tiles, and dusty old plastic flowers. All of the furniture is old and crappy looking. The sheets and towels were clean, and the bathroom was clean enough to use but needed to have the old moldy grout removed. It looks like they just used the outdated Ramada furniture from the previous motel on this site. The breakfast was very basic and I would bet that I was Not drinking Green Mountain coffee, and that the cereal labeled with "Kellogg's" cut outs was just no name bulk stuff. I got a good night sleep, and loved that the fan would stay on "constant". While drinking coffee I was walking around the restaurant and thinking how easy it would be to spruce it up to be presentable, and then right in the corner of the room, out in the open, was a baited mouse trap! That did it for my review. So if you decide to stay here bring your antibacterial wipes to wipe down (I always do anyway) anything you might touch in the room, and pass on eating the food. Was not able to post the mouse trap pics.

Room Tip: I just realized that they allow pets. I usually ask for a room that has not had a pet in it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Brattleboro hotels

Venice, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked this hotel for Tough Mudder. I was quickly regretting my decision. The pools are both broken, outside pool caution taped off and full of green slime. The gym is out of commission as well. All entry doors are left unlocked, and it smells like a horse farm in the back entrance. Looks like it hasn't been vacuumed in years! The room was old and worn, with a stained soda bed that I wouldn't sit on without a hazmat suit. The bed was comfortable, but look behind the bed and you'll see u dirty carpet in need of a vacuum. The food in the bar looked like week old leftovers, and probably was. On a brighter note, the tv is nice, as is the fridge in the room. The staff is nice and pleasant. ( I believe it's family run) but this place is begging for some serious love!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Lawrence, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Dear God in heaven, if I could give this hotel zero stars, I would.

I booked a room at this hotel for the tough mudder 5/31. It was reasonably priced but a hike from MT. Snow, but I felt I could handle it.
Man, have I never been more wrong. Upon arriving, the front door to main lobby was smashed in. We did check in speedy fashion, only because the girl working the desk didnt ask for ID or anything. I gave her my name only and she handed me a key. I could've been Joe Shmoe the car salesman...it didnt matter.
We got to our room, which looked like the setting for the latest Stephen King movie. The ceiling had some unidentified substance leaking from it, the window was wide open (it was 44 degrees out) and there were holes in the screen.
The bathroom had a dull light bulb giving this awful haze and the bathtub had mold.

We went to the bar to get a drink where the poor elderly woman was working. A crowd had formed at this point and I watched said employee/homeowner make a margarita with vodka and grenadine. She handed it to a customer who immediately complained because there were flies in it. She made a second margarita the same way.
Several gentleman came in and asked for the beer they had on tap, while sitting there, all the taps were out. So no working beer taps and bartender didnt know how to make a drink.
One gentleman paid for his beer (a bottle of bud light, which oddly enough, they did have) but alas, there was no money in the cash register. Lucky for customer, Ms. Bartenders husband was there and was able to make $8 in change from his own wallet.
Another customer wanted to reheat her leftovers, however the microwave in the kitchen didnt work.
The pool looked like it had been peed in forever and had started forming some sort of jelly-like consistency to it.
Needless to say, we checked out 2 hours after checking in and found another place to stay.
How this place hasnt been condemned is beyond me. I dont care how affordable it is, the people under the stairs, who look like Chernobyl survivors, have no idea how to run a business.
God have mercy on your souls

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank trombley51
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Paid considerably less at the reception desk ($75@double) than any of the prices quoted on Trip Advisor...interesting. Seasonal?

At this price we were quite satisfied. No hassle with wifi, typical econo chain room, clean enough for an overnight, and the included hot breakfast gave us a jump start on the day's activities.

Room was quiet, and security seemed fine. There is a restaurant/pub in the Inn, but it was running without a chef at the time of our stay, consequently, the menu was very limited and we did not try it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Middlefield
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at the Quality Inn in March. The hotel provided reasonably good value, we had booked online and paid Orbitz. The hotel requested our credit card on arrival which is a normal procedure and they assured that they would not be charging anything unless we had additional services. A charge for the hotel appeared on our credit card and I disputed it. After a few calls I manged to speak to someone who assured me they had spooted the mistake it would be credited. 2 months later, 6 more phone calls - still not resolved and I have had to turn it to my credit card company to resolve. Very frustrating and based on other reviews, not the first time it has happened.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is literally across the parking lot from a Hampton Inn. GO THERE QUICKLY!!!

Guy at the front desk was really friendly, but that is the only thing to recommend this property.

Dated, worn out, lighting was horrible. Nothing to recommend this place EXCEPT for the really cheap price (and the super nice guy at the desk). Terribly disappointed.

Cigarette smell EVERYWHERE..... halls, lobby, rooms.....

Trash can underneath the sink to catch the continuous drip from the sink.

Room was freezing. Had to prop a chair against the curtains to get any heat into the room. If you don't, the curtains billow out and take it all. Nothing like needing to barricade the curtains to get the room a reasonable temperature. Good thing we like a colder room.

Took the stairs to the second floor because we couldn't find an elevator anywhere. Wondering how this place passes code for MANY things....

Exterior doors are not secured in any fashion. Not in a bad neighborhood, but still.....

Hard to rate value since it was really inexpensive, but not somewhere we would ever stay again.

It is a great location in Brattleboro, but there are many other options that are probably a better bet. Scary that the chain's own web site has more scathing reviews.....

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
Latchis Hotel
Latchis Hotel
#3 of 10 in Brattleboro
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!