“Beautiful locally produced crafts”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vermont Artisan Designs
Ranked #5 of 13 Shopping in Brattleboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Superb contemporary crafts gallery.
Reviewed 10 April 2013

It's always fun to see what new art, photography, and hand crafts are being featured when we are in the Brattleboro area. The owner and staff are very pleasant and helpful. I just wish we had more wall space!!

Reviewed 1 March 2013

We stopped in on a lazy Sun. afternoon. Our browsing at Artisan Designs tied together brunch at the Backside, shopping at Sams for backpacking gear, and an afternoon matinee at Latchis.
Greg was wonderful and my wife ended up buying a beautiful hand-blown cranberry glass vase!
We alway spot something we'd love to have in our home - even if we can't afford it at the time. Some turn into the next Anniversary or Birthday gift! Either for ourselves or our family and friends.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We visit this shop everytime we're in Brattleboro (several times a year) and have been going there for 10+ years. There is always something new to see and wonder at. We usually leave with something. (Wish I could afford the higher priced art!) And everyone is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 17 May 2011

We only popped in here for a postcard before leaving Brattleboro and I'm so glad we did.

The owner, Greg, asked us if we'd like to have a look at the gallery upstairs so we took him up on the offer. There are a lot of very talented artists in Vermont and he knew so much about them and their work and told us some very interesting stories about their lives.

He's got some amazing pieces of furniture which have stories of their own and one of the local artisan craftsmen popped in and spoke to my boyfriend about the chair he makes and the design behind it, I never thought I'd see said boyfriend so enthralled in an art gallery!

There was no pushy selling, I was just left with the impression that Greg is a true gentleman and that rarety - a real philanthropist.

I bought a print and was allowed to take it off the wall, already framed. It's very special, not just for the lovely peice of photography it is but the hour we spent with that truly inspiring man.

3  Thank travelmad9
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Friendly service and a large selection of quality arts and crafts for good quality shopping. One of my favorite jewelry places to shop for gifts. Vermont art is well represented upstairs. The friendly owner .Greg Worden, is very knowledgeable about the area. A pleasant place to browse right downtown close to parking lots..

4  Thank Meris_9