“Value In Brattleboro” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
New York City, New York
“Value In Brattleboro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Didn't think myself a super8 kind of gal until I started staying here as a stopover on weekend trips to Okemo. Great value - clean rooms - comfortable bed- dont have fear

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank epetersonyake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Exeter, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Our 6th year staying at this place and there's always something not right or annoying. Nothing really major however all easy fixes for a competent maintenance/ handy-man.

Examples: You have to hold the toilet seat up while taking a leak, very annoying to say the least. This is an ongoing problem that should be addressed ASAP.

Alway a problem with the room keys, you may go through several. (not a maintenance issue)

This past stay, no remote control available for the TV I had. A small discount would have been a nice jester for the inconvenience. Perhaps ( $10.00 off )

I realize the breakfast room is a bit small but another waffle maker would speed things up. But hey, it's free.

The good: breakfast choices are way better than most in this price range. The rooms "or at least my room" was clean and odor free. Friendly staff that tried to help with the TV issue.

As far has the stale smoke smell in the hallways, the only way to fix that problem is to have all smoke-free rooms. If someone wants to smoke they can go outside like I do. Yes I smoke and I do like the fact that they charge people a hefty fee for smoking in a non-smoking room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Windsor, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

My best friend and I went for the 4th of July weekend this year. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and staff friendly. Only thing was that our room lacked a smoke detector. The AC was awesome though and breakfast in the morning wasn't over the top, but it was sweet and just enough. The morning after our stay there was a parade just down the street along a main street with a bunch of little shops. Bonus is that they're pet friendly for a decent fee. Will be going again soon with my sister.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Despite the pierced and tattood staff at the reception desk, they were very friendly and helpful. Our room was quiet and reasonably clean, no smoke smell. Had a decent night's sleep and tolerable breakfast, what more do you want? All the other hotels are on the same street so you might as well stay at the cheapest.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

As you walk into the hotel you can smell the cheap deodorizer sprayed to cover up the smoke and musty smells. It is a rather old hotel that needs some updating, but that's how they keep the rates low. Average continental breakfast, I tasted the orange juice the first day. Gritty like powdered tang or something, never had that again. I did see them mix it from frozen concentrate later on, but dared not try it again. Funny thing about the bathroom, the countertop near the toilet stuck out so far you couldn't put the seat up! Several times I had smoke coming into my room from the vent system in the bathroom, so much for non smoking. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I would pay a little more and look elsewhere first, but there isn't a lot to choose from in this small town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

I was traveling with my family and needed a last minute reservation... I booked online, and then called ahead to let them know I'd be arriving late. The person who answered told me that it would be no problem after confirming my reservation. She also told me that the desk is staffed 24/7, so there would be someone to assist me at any time.

She was also kind enough to give me directions (which I had neglected to download).

We arrived at around 9:30 pm, but I was greeted and the person at the desk took care of everything right away, and was very friendly and courteous. I got a great rate, even though it was a last minute reservation, since I went directly to their website..

The room was very clean, plenty of room, free wireless and a free continental breakfast in the morning, available from 6am to 1 am. I slept fine, the property and rooms are very well maintained.

I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Go directly to the motel's website, I got a better rate there than on any search engine that I...