“Mix results”

Super 8 Brattleboro
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I spend the last weekend from January 31to February 2. Although the building is not new, the condition is generally good.
The points that I are really dislike are, a) that the hotel is not smoking hotel, but the, smell in the hallways were very strong, b) the sheets were clean, but it looks that are old, and c) the breakfast is really poor.
Luckily the hotel is next to Dunkin Donuts, so we had the breakfast there.
Specifically my opinion is 2.1/2 stars

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking your time to give us a review. I wanted to start off by apologizing for the smell of smoke in the hallway we do still have some smoking rooms in one hallway. We can take requests to be placed in a different hallway away from it but we are filled up almost every night so it can be difficult to avoid these issues sometimes although we do try our best. I also wanted to let you know that due to a few recent reviews we have brought in all new linens and talked to housekeeping about watching the quality and age of linens they are putting in rooms to avoid future issues. As far as our breakfast goes there is nothing I can do about that all the products are mandated by the Super 8 Franchise. I am glad you were able to enjoy your breakfast at our neighbor Dunkin' Donuts though. Once again thank you for the review and although your stay wasn't perfect we hope you will return and give us an opportunity to make it up to you.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Brattleboro

Reviewed 7 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Reviewed 25 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Not a bad place. Been here several times before but this time housekeeping had not done our room when we returned from being gone all day. Bummer I hate that. However for the price.... Plus we got a free night from some hotel we stayed in last month in California

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give out hotel a review. I am very happy to see that you have been returning to our hotel to stay with us and I wanted to let you know that we appreciate your business. I also wanted to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to housekeeping not cleaning your room. I did want to let you know that if you have your do not disturb sign on your door housekeeping will not clean your room although, I am not positive that was the issue. I have talked to housekeeping about the complaint and I can assure you that they will be more vigilant to avoid these mistakes in the future. Once again thank you for the review and continuing to stay with us. We hope to serve you again on your next trip to Brattleboro.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Good location, clean and safe with a reasonable price provide a base from which to tour. Comfortable bed.
These should be givens and were met here.
Very helpful and courteous staff. Any issues were solve promptly. Great service.+++++
A move towards using less scented cleaning products would be appreciated although I have experienced far more abnoxcous at other hotels.
The fresh fruit for breakfast is always appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

We thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review. I am glad that the staff gave you such wonderful service and that your room was very comfortable and clean. I am also very happy to see that you thought the room was at a good price since it means a lot to us to provide our guests with great value. Once again thank you for the review and we hope you will stay with us next time your in Brattleboro.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I returned here after a few years, and it's still the best of the 2* motels in town. The room is a bit bigger and quieter, and there's a free breakfast. Parking and check in/out are fine. The breakfast is a small step up from the typical low end free breakfast.

It's often quite a bit more expensive than the other low end motels, but the prices vary a lot. If it's comparable, give it a try.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review and for being one of our valued returning guests. I am very happy to see that you believe we are the best two star hotel in town since we really work hard to be the best. I am sure that you noticed a lot of the great upgrades we have implemented at the hotel. Upgrades include new Simmons Beauty Rest mattresses and gel fiber pillows in all of our rooms, and in select rooms we have new 37- 40 inch HDTV's, Kuerig coffee makers, and new sofa chairs, and ottomans. In regards to your comment on our rates, they do tend to vary throughout the year however, we always set our prices competitively and are comparable to the other two star hotels in price. Once again thank you for the great review and we really hope to serve you again in the near future.