“Nice accommodation”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Maine
“Nice accommodation”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This motel suited our needs nicely on a recent visit to Brattleboro. The room was clean and the staff cordial. We would stay here again. The location is just a few miles from the downtown and just right for our trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such a great review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that is was very convenient for you during your stay. We get a lot of guests tell us how great our location is for visiting Brattleboro. The staff will love to hear that your room was clean as well getting good reviews means a lot to them. I noticed that you mentioned that you would return to stay with us again and we really appreciate that our returning guests are very important to us. Once again thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brattleboro
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife's asthma flared up because there was cigarette smoke coming in our room from the hallway. When we attempted to open the window there was someone smoking right under the window. We were able to change rooms, unfortunately somebody was also smoking near enough to our new room we could still smell the smoke. We thought that one end of the hotel was nonsmoking but that obviously was not enforced. We were very disappointed. We also don't think this hotel meets the standard of the other Wyndham hotels we have stayed at.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am currently working with the owners of the property to try to get ventilation in the property changed. We charge guests $250 for smoking in our non smoking rooms and we do enforce the issue. Unfortunately many times we do not find out about the smoking in non smoking rooms until a guest checks out. Once again I apologize and I really am working on resolving issues with the smoking odor. I hope that you will stay with us again when we have the issue resolved.

Travellers are raving about these Brattleboro hotels

Vermont
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our room was dated, but appeared clean, and the bed was comfortable. However, noise from other guests penetrated the small walls and made it impossible to get any sleep. The next morning, the breakfast was fine, but no-one ever came by to replenish the food items or to clean the very sticky floor. We left very tired and a bit grouchy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We always appreciate our guests feedback and we use it to make improvements at the hotel on a daily basis. I have talked to the staff about making sure the breakfast is always stocked up and they assured me they will be more vigilant to avoid the issue in the future. I am glad that you found the room to be comfortable and clean but I am sorry about the other guests keeping you up at night. Although your stay wasn't perfect we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time your in the area.
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We've stayed at this hotel before, and loved it. Unfortunately, that time was during the summer a few years ago. We stayed this past week, and may never go back. My fault for insisting on staying here and not paying the $20 more to stay at America's Best Inn down the street. The handicapped parking spots were all inaccessible - one with about 10 feet of snow (do your plow drivers understand the concept of handicapped parking?), the middle was basically a pond of water, and the 3rd one was taken up with the back-end of a huge tour bus. This actually should have been my first clue that this place wasn't such a great idea this time. I was quoted a price of $56 for the night. Because I'm disabled, we needed a room that was handicapped accessible. I was told it would cost $7 more for a handicapped-accessible room because all the accessible rooms have king-size beds, and king rooms are $7 more. I told the desk clerk that was discrimination - it's not my fault none of the queen rooms were made accessible, and he just shrugged it off. We paid it, because we didn't have a choice; we were going to the Latchis and were on a time limit. The temperature in the room could not be regulated no matter how hard we tried; it was either an oven or a freezer. There was no in-between. Because of this, I had a really hard time sleeping. The WiFi was so weak, I should have just logged on to the McDonald's WiFi next door. The pillows were smaller than throw pillows. The only good thing I can say about this stay was that the breakfast wasn't too bad; the waffles were good, and actually kind of fun to make. I will also say that the desk clerk was very nice and even apologetic when I had to call at about 1:00 am to see if they might have any stomach remedies available (they didn't). Unfortunately that also meant I had to go out to the car in the back parking lot by myself at 1:00 am to get ours out of the car. My husband and I stay over in Brattleboro at least twice a year, and have stayed at every hotel on Route 5. I doubt we'll ever stay at this Super 8 again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced but unfortunately this winter was rough on our parking lot and we can't get it fixed until the spring. As far as our handicapped rooms go without a reservation we cannot guarantee any rooms types are available at the time of arrival we can only rent you what we have available at the RACK rate. Once again I do apologize for the issues but we hope that you can understand and will give us another opportunity to serve you.