“A little bit of history with a tasteful update”
Review of Latchis Hotel

Latchis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Canton, Ohio
“A little bit of history with a tasteful update”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I attended a conference in Brattleboro. I always stay at this hotel. I get a great nights sleep. I hadn't been there in a few years and they have done some repair/updating. All in good taste. Attached to the hotel is the Latchis Movie Theatre which has had some extensive repairs. It is a beautiful spot. Right next to the Connecticut River. There is a small continental breakfast in the a.m. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: They have remodeled most of the rooms. I love my room. It faces the mountain in the distance.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ester94

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Brimfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the Latchis Hotel on a short vacation trip to Brattleboro. We had though about staying at a chain hotel but decided to spend a little extra money and stay at the Latchis. We were glad we did. The place definitely had a charm that the newer hotels don't have. the staff went well beyond any reasonable expectations to make our stay enjoyable. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a bit of traffic noise, but I feel that is to be expected in a downtown hotel. I don't know if we will be returning to Brattleboro in the near future but if we do we will stay at the Latchis.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you, request an interior room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sterling T
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Latchis is in a great location, a short block from the Amtrak station and right in downtown Brattleboro-within walking distance of all the shops/stores and various other attractions. Friendly helpful staff. Stayed in the recently refurbished Silver Screen Room, (307). Very nice, with view of the river, hills in New Hampshire. Also houses a multi-plex theater, pub, other amenities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at Latchis while recording up the road at Guilford Sound and we totally loved it! Rooms were quiet, the beds were super comfy, and the hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location in downtown Brattleboro is excellent, we were able to walk around for meals or stock up at the Co-op. Brattleboro is a beautiful little town and Latchis makes the stay worthwhile.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank heckyesitsbridge
NY
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is the first hotel that I have ever walked into, and it smelled like popcorn... right there should tell you how awesome this hotel is. The hotel lobby's architecture is phenomenal. The rooms are just as retro as you would expect from this 75 year old hotel. BUT, the bed and pillow are fantastically comfortable. I do not think I have been that comfortable in a hotel bed in... well ever. Also, this hotel is right in downtown Brattleboro so you can walk all around the town, to various shops, restaurants, and two breweries.

So, why not five little circles? Being an old building the walls are very thin. My girlfriend and I knew our neighbors were watching Titanic, and then word for word every discussion they had. Also, the parking lot is not big enough to fit all of the guests. Finally, their continental breakfast is almost as continental as an Econo Lodge (which is saying something).

I would stay at the Latchis Hotel, and the next time I do I hope I can watch a movie there (they even promote you to wear your pajamas).

Room Tip: If you reserve your room early you can specify that you want a mountain view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Croix B
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Latchis on January 1st-January 3rd of this year. We stayed in Vermont back in October (in Grafton), but after seeing Brattleboro & this hotel, we wished we'd stayed in this location and knew that we had to come back so that we could stay here. We could not be more pleased with our stay.

Upon entry, the lobby is just gorgeous. We were greeted by an incredibly warm, friendly woman who upgraded our room "just because". We stayed during a time where there was heavy snow and were assured that if we needed another night at the hotel, there would be a room for us. While we did not end up needing to spend an extra night, this was a concern of our's and we were happy that it was addressed without even asking.

The hotel's location is in the heart of downtown. You are within a very short walking distance to the co-op (which we love), Whetstone Station (we love Whetstone too!), etc. I feel like anything that there is to do there, you are right next to. Even with all of the snow that was there, it was very easy/quick to walk to wherever we wanted to go.

We stayed in 'standard King' room 303. The bed was massive and incredibly comfortable. We had a flat screen television, coffee maker, mini-fridge and a million dollar view. We were able to look out over the street, ahead to the mountain... it was incredible. We spent a lot of time just admiring the beauty that was out that window. Another perk (I normally wouldn't care about such things, but had to make mention of this) is that the toiletries were incredibly nice. Continental breakfast had an array of standard, good breakfast fare.

Unfortunately, we did not check out the theatre, but I hope that we will be able to next time... and there WILL definitely be a next time (we are already planning our next booking)! We have never had a better stay at a hotel and really have not fallen in love with a location as much as we have Brattleboro. The Latchis is an excellent place to stay; if you are staying in/around Brattleboro, you must stay with them!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MaBoogins
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've stayed at the Latchis twice now, and I will definitely be back. The location can't be beat, right in the middle of everything on Main street in Brattleboro. The hotel is clean and well kept, with a cute art-deco decor. The rooms are simple, and though they're not luxurious, they're comfortable. The hotel always has great packages- including movie tickets for the cinema downstairs (If you're a fan of art-house, indie flicks, check it out! Mainstream movie goers, keep on walking, you'll likely be disappointed.) and a voucher for a meal in the Flat Street Pub around the block is my favorite but there are several options to choose from. Overall a great hotel in a cute little city that I will keep coming back to.

Room Tip: I've never had an issue with noise but I've always had rooms in the back and it's always...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank supergirlieque
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Latchis Hotel? Share your experiences!