“Not a Sit-Down Eatery so Plan a Picnic”

The Vermont Country Deli
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
TX
“Not a Sit-Down Eatery so Plan a Picnic”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We ordered turkey sandwiches with cranberry - - - yes, cranberry is an offered sandwich spread! We chose a multi-grain bread which was absolutely fresh baked and watched while the sandwich was built according to our specific "wants" from a multitude of choices of spreads and toppings. Quantities were generous unless we requested less of any particular item. It was a delicious and filling sandwich. There were salads, breads, cakes, pies, cookies, and many other goodies to temp the palate for sale. Be aware there is not an area to sit and eat but there is a beautiful park just west of the deli. The deli is very close to busy Hwy 9 so getting out of the (limited) parking space was a major challenge and could be a risky proposition if someone in the line of traffic isn't willing to help you out.

Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Yummy”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped on our way north based on the reviews. Glad we did! The sandwiches are fabulous, especially the travelling turkey.

Nashville
“Fun!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We spent so much time in this little deli! It was do fun to look around and pick out food for lunch-such a great selection. We had to get a little bit of everything. My small children loved the chicken noodle soup!! I think they licked the bowl. As someone else stated the only criticism would be the parking lot. A little scary but where there is a will there is a way!

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“You've got to go there! Yummmmmm..”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is a deli,not a restaurant. Go there! It's got the best sandwiches! I recommend the Rt. 9. Roast beef (delicious), cheese, fresh bread, what ever you want on it. My friend liked the horseradish mayo. I don't like horseradish, so I had regular mayo. I know it sounds simple, but I've never had such a delicious deli sandwich! They had homemade pasteries, pies, deserts. I did get a pasta salad, which was out of this world! I wish we had this one in my town!

New York City, New York
“Best take out in Southern Vermont”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

This place is a top notch deli combined with a country store. The food is just fantastic. We had pesto chicken salad with avacado and lettuce. Homemade cole slaw. Some Asian dish (forgot name) but it was top notch. Coffee was outstanding as well. Home made cookies made great desert. Great for picking up food when you first arrive or when heading home or provisions for a picnic. Enjoy !!!