“Will always stay at this hotel when in the area.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Nashville, Tennessee
“Will always stay at this hotel when in the area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

My family and I stayed at this property for several days while we went to a relatives graduation. My wife, my two 6 year old children and myself stayed in the family suite. Check in was smooth, the room was clean and all the amenities (breakfast, internet, PPV movies) were nice. The pool wasn't quite as good as others, fairly small. The staff was the best part of the stay. All were great, in particular, Tyson who worked the front desk in the morning. He was very more than happy to move things around to allow us to check in early and gave great advice about local restaurants, directions around town, and things to do while we had down time.
As others have said, we were somewhat forced to buy the bear left in the room, and another so other child could have one. I think instead their should be a sign letting us know it could be purchased at the desk rather than just leaving it in the room.
The gift shop also didn't really have anything in it but a few candy bars and soda. Luckily we didn't need to buy anything.
All in all, we are looking forward to the next time we will be able to visit.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HershalBK, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay overall and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs in the future. Our pool is being renovated and we will be installing new pool furniture in the next 4 weeks along with the pool deck being refurbished to like new. We take great pride in our hotel and we really appreciate the positive feedback! See you soon.

BK Investments

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Weston, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed here right after staying at a Fairfield Inn in northern VT. We were all happy to be at the Holiday Inn instead! The staff was helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable. We always appreciate the refrigerator and microwave when travelling with kids. I also loved the closet setup: the door is one large mirror that opens up into the room, creating a divider between the sleeping area and bathroom. This worked out nicely since we have a girl and a boy and they do not like to change in front of each other. No one was yelling at anyone to get out of the bathroom so they could get dressed!
The breakfast area was great. The attendant said good morning to everyone and she was constantly checking the food area to make sure everything was well stocked.
Helpful hint: If you need to get back to the interstate you will have to make a left out of the hotel driveway. It is easier if you go into the shopping center and go out at the light. Otherwise you will sit there for quite awhile waiting to turn left.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on the side away from the highway
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HershalBK, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TA. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are consistently upgrading the hotel so please visit us agian soon!

Harborcreek, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

This is a hard review to write because the hotel was nice and if I had to I would stay again but on the flipside I did have three problems with them.

1) Brattleboro Bears: Cute little bears they leave on the bed to support Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. My four-year-old got to the bear before I even saw it and ripped the tag of. So I was forced to buy one and of course you cannot buy one for one kid and not for the other. While it is a good cause, no one should be forced to donate. In my opinion the bears should be on display in the lobby so you have the option to buy one if you wanted. To top it all off the hotel would not write a receipt for the bears!! I found it “interesting” the hotel could charge tax on them but not produce a receipt.

2) Wi-Fi is free when you can use it. I become friends with tech support as I had to call them on more than one occasion to have them take me out of the filter. Facebook was our main cause of being sent to the filter. Tech support told me I had too many friends :o)

3) I asked the front desk if they could mail two letters for me which they said was no problem. The letters still have not arrived (it’s been seven days)

On the good side the employees are wonderful. The girl that was on the night shift was very nice and helpful when we first experienced the internet problem (it was not just me that had the problem but the room across the hall as well).

My recommendations if using this hotel: (1) If you are a parent go in the room before your child to hide the Brattleboro Bear in a drawer. (2) Do not use the internet accept to check e-mail (3) mail any letters at the post office.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Justsomechick
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I see that you gave us the highest possible rating (5 stars) for Value, Rooms, Location, Cleanliness, Service, and Sleep Quality but gave us 2 stars overall. I understand that you felt forced to purchase a "Brattle Bear" and that was not our intention. What we aim for is awareness; this is a disease that affects millions of children and adults all over the world. We as a group, only at the Brattleboro property wanted to find a way to contribute to a cause, and what we found is that all 25 employees had a connection to Diabetes in one way or another. As far as the receipt you mention in your post, the charge appears on your hotel folio and that is your receipt. Please reach out to the GM of the property and she will promptly refund your donation and we will make a donation on your behalf to Juvenile Diabetes. As I mentioned in my below post, the internet bandwidth is being upgraded and will be complete by the end of May. Please keep in mind we are offering commercial internet and have certain safety filters in place for the protection of our guests, I apologize that you had to call tech support. I confirmed the letters you mentioned were mailed by the hotel staff, I'm sorry the usps has not delivered them.

Bangor, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

I went with a few friends from college and stayed at the Holiday inn there in Brattleboro. We were curious to see why they had such high prices on the rooms so the 4 of us split the cost.

The Hotel was decent as were the rooms for the most part. We did have issues with a clogged sink and the fact that our bathroom had not been cleaned when we checked in. there was a used bar of soap in the bathroom as well as a bottle of shampoo in the shower.

We also only had one coffee packet so we had to get more. Funny with such a high price, that all they could afford to give our room was one coffee pack.

We also found several dead flies in the room, one on the table next to one of the beds. We thought it odd to see flies inside this time of year.

Our stay there was a so-so kind of thing but as far as going back to that hotel again, it's probably not likely. They have improvements they need to make.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FloppyFanny
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review--I see that you became a member of Tripadvisor the same date that you posted this review. I want to assure you we take all guest comments seriously. We have a new head of house keeping and I assure you that the issues you have addressed in your review have been corrected. We strive for consistency and understand that our guests expect a clean room and quality service. We are constantly upgrading our product--for example we just finished upgrading our bathrooms and now we are getting ready to increase internet bandwidth which will be completed by the end of May. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Newton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

For the high price we paid, the Holiday Inn Express in Brattleboro turned out to be a real flop.

The hotel personnel were very nice and that was a plus! However, the first room we were assigned ended up being dirty when we walked in. Ok, things happen so we got another room. The shower drained painfully slow until I was standing up to my ankles in water. Pretty gross. Finally, my husband found a nice big wad of chewing gum stuck just underneath the night table next to the bed.There was enough gum under there to start a bubble gum factory. Even though these were not huge issues, they were enough to gross us out. We won't stay there again. Absolutely not.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sabada87
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Customer Service and a clean room is our number 1 priority. I'm dissappointed to hear about your stay with us. We will bring this issue up in our next manager's meeting. Thank you for your time and we hope you will give us another opportunity.

Blandon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

Stayed here as the "mid-point" on our drive home from Northern New Hampshire to Eastern Pennsylvania. Very nice hotel in a quaint town. Set back off the main road a bit - a little hard to find the first time you are looking for it - but worth it. Very clean hotel with a good staff. Breakfast in the morning was presented nicely with plenty of room to sit and eat. We were just looking for a good nights sleep, but did end up sneaking out to see Toy Story 3 at a nice little movie theater right down the road. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area - great find.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to having you back soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

We were taking a ski trip with our kids and cousins from NY and had trouble finding a reasonably priced hotel near skiing. The Holiday Inn Express met all our needs. The rooms were relatively clean, although somewhat small (and we were in a family suite). When we checked in there were some crumbs around from previous occupants and the carpet had a couple of stains, but overall it was better than I expected for the price. Well kept bathroom and the bedding was very clean and comfortable. The staff was outstanding and very helpful (especially Bill) when it came to getting around and finding places to eat. The breakfast was adequate, nothing fancy but quick and easy and the staff really hustled to accommodate the crowds on the holiday weekend when they were sold out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your positive stay with us. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms so I apologize for the crumbs on the carpet. We look forward to hosting you again so please visit soon!

BK Investments
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Latchis Hotel
Latchis Hotel
#3 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!