“Nice place, good breakfast.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed 26 August 2013

It's about what you would expect. Very friendly staff, clean rooms but I was a little turned off by what appeared to be brown mold where the tub meets the floor (grout). And while they provide different pillows - they were all spongy, like the old foam pillows. Breakfast was good and plentiful. I would stay there again, but I might check out the other hotels first.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear FJ F,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I realize that standard policy is that if you are not able to make it to the hotel, your card will still be charged. The amount of that charge usually depends on hotel policy. We had a reservation for one night to break up our ride for our camping trip. Unfortunately when we hooked up our camper, we did not have any running lights. I called the hotel around 9:30 pm just to let them know so if they needed the room, they would know it would be available. During the call, prior to being placed on hold, I was informed that if I was calling for a room, they were sold out for the night. I informed the front desk staff that we would not make our reservation. He stated that if I came in the next morning and explained our situation, most likely my card would be credited. I was very impressed with this news and thought it was a wonderful personal touch for a hotel. However, when I got to the hotel the general manager explained that my card is charged at 6 pm period. Again, I realize this is how reservations usually work, but I also know that it was up to the discretion of the GM. I have broken down on a previous vacation and had a reservation credited. I have returned to that hotel every time we visit Washington because of this. I expressed my frustration from being led to believe my card would be refunded and the fact that we went out of our way to attempt it. In my opinion, the GM was aloof in his response and I am disappointed with how this situation was handled by the hotel staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dfitz54
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear Dfitz54,

Thank you for your valuable review.As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. We are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectation on this particular occasion. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you encountered due to the level of service received from our hotel staff. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Very clean, spacious room with a nice, clean bathroom. Comfortable bed with good pillows. Had a room near the elevator and was worried about the noise, but I didn't hear the elevator at all. Guests upstairs banged around a few times, but otherwise was a great room. The breakfast was good with a mix of some hot food including pancakes and typically continental breakfast with cereal, yogurt, fruit and muffins. There was a dedicated attendant that kept the items and supplies well-stocked and was constantly checking on the items and making sure guests were okay. He was very friendly and nice. The coffee is available 24/7, which I took advantage of in the morning and at night! ha ha. The coffee was very good and fresh! There is a small workout room and a pool, but I did not use either of them (no time due to it being a business trip). I would highly recommend this location!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the positive feedback. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel was Nice and clean. The staff was Pleasant. A good breakfast was had with quite a lot of variety available and the staff kept everything replenished in a timely fashion.. Pool needs a little work, the water was cloudy and there was some deterioration in the tiles, etc. The spa as well could use a little renovation, the jets were a little weak. Would stay again if in the area. The cinnamon buns are as good as they say. Room was comfortable and quiet.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our cinnamon buns. Please come visit again!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

The good: greeted by a friendly, albeit what appeared to be an inexperienced/new front desk employee; clean, well-stocked, spacious room; good breakfast with the usual Holiday Inn Express selections. The bad; the hotel's computer monitor refused to work; satellite TV was spotty at best with HD programs receiving no signal. On the manager's behalf, she did adjust our rate to reflect the problems.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the grassy area in the back. Front faces the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the TV not working properly as Brattleboro does have signal issues from time to time. Otherwise I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come visit soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Good quality location for the price. Very friendly staff. Hallways smelled a little strong from some type of carpet cleaner. Good breakfast in the morning. Quiet location off the main drag. I would stay here again on my next rip through the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JR591011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come visit soon!

BK investments

Reviewed 13 July 2013

This hotel has all the right ingredients for a great budget hotel except for the price. When I look for a hotel, I look for a customer review rating of at least a 4 and a price under $100. Unfortunately I didn't meet the latter, but the rest was good. The room was clean and felt modern. There were a number of outlets to use, so important with all the electronic devices. The bed was comfortable as well as the chair and ottoman. The morning breakfast was good although the biscuits and gravy didn't seem very New England. I would have expected a fridge and microwave for the price, but we didn't really need one. I found the staff friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrLee73

Dear Guest,

I'm happy you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you for your feedback we really appreciate it. Your comments have been noted. Please come visit soon!

BK Investments

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!