“This is the worst fold out bed on earth”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I'm just reading the recent review on the side of this page and I concur. This folk out couch is just awful. I can feel every spring. I'm the adult here and agreed to take the bed away from the television. Big mistake.
And, there were not sheets on the horrible fold out couch. It took a long time for them to bring them up. I've got some blankets from the bed under the sheets to cushion the coils of the mattress but it's not enough.
Then I found the trash on the floor of the bathroom. And the chunks of dust in the corners of the bathroom.
How is it possible that this room is so warm when the heat is off? Where is it coming from?

Did I mention the pillow case on the puny pillow for the fold out couch was dirty????

Room Tip: Don't get the family suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ManagementTeam123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,
I do understand how uncomfortable a pull out sofa can be especially one that is in need of replacement. I can let you know that we are in the process of ordering new sofa sleepers that we should have in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

In order for our grandchildren to stay with us, we paid extra for the family suite advertised as sleeping 6 and equipped with 2 queen beds and a sleeping couch. However the fold-out couch was unusable, felt like sleeping directly on the coiled springs. Queen beds were fine but children had to sleep together. So we wasted our money on the family suite since it really only sleeps 4.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sara S
ManagementTeam123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. I do agree with you, most pullout sofa's are very uncomfortable. Had we known we would have provided you with an alternative such as a rollaway bed or possibly another room.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Great prices, friendly staff, pool, hot tub, comfortable beds. I wish some of the CFLs were a warmer color, but that didn't bother me as much as it has at other places. Decent breakfast choices; a few gluten-free cereals would be a great addition.

Stayed: December 2013
ManagementTeam123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Melamed45,

Thank you for guest review for your recent stay here at the Brattleboro Holiday Inn Express. I do understand your concern with gluten free breakfast items needed. IHG has new items that will be added in 2014 to the breakfast. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised the next time you visit.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

As I travel around New England, especially Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine, I’m always grateful for a hotel near the interstate, close to food options (a grocery store is right there!), and along my preferred path. This property met all my expectations! The staff was welcoming and helpful (even letting me know I had left my dome light on in my vehicle) and my room was a nice, king room. Everything was clean and well maintained. I chose to stay until checkout and found the room to be comfortable for getting some work done.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the top floor because this property does seem to get a fair amount of b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank EnjoyTravelAlways
Alice H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

We appreciate your kind words as our guests feed back is always important to us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Hotel No 7 on our 24 day road trip to Florida via New England. Booked this hotel at last minute because we were not sure where we would be on our last night in New England. Got totally lost trying to find hotel, directions on website not quite adequate. However, nice room, clean and tidy, pleasant reception staff and good breakfast. Plenty of parking and very convenient position on highway for driving to Deerfield. Free wi fi. Nice restaurant at the Marina down the road Would stay here again and can recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaav
HershalBK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear java,

Thank you for your kind words in regards to your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express, Brattleboro. I'm glad we could cover all your needs. I hope you had a chance to truly discover New England at its best.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

It happened before: Holiday Inn does not have same standards in all hotels. I stayed in Amherst with family on a Friday Nov 1 and we got a room with comfortable queen size beds. The next night in Brattleboro VT the queen beds were down to double-size. I was really irritated. I noticed this lack of consistency in a number of other locations. Yet their website advertises the rooms as having queen size bed. To me this is bordering on fraud.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
HershalBK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,
You are not the first guest to suggest that our beds are not "queen size", However sometimes the size of the room can make the beds appear smaller. I assure they are queen size. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and had a chance to wander around beautiful Brattleboro. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The best thing about a Holiday Inn is their breakfast - love the cinnamon buns. Breakfast has a selection of foods that beats some other chain hotels. The room was suitable but just not really clean. Chairs in the dining area showed lack of attention to detail when cleaning, there is no excuse for rungs on chairs being noticeably dirty. Even though it was October 18-19, 2013 and high tourist season for "leaf peepers" the price at this hotel was very high. Stayed in one other chain hotel and one "Mom & Pop" hotel on a week long trip plus this Holiday Inn and this was our least favorite hotel - not as clean and higher price.

There is a good New York Pizza restaurant a short drive from the hotel in the parking lot of the grocery store strip mall near this hotel. Enjoyed a pizza one evening since there is no restaurant at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in cleanliness here at the Holiday Inn Express, Brattleboro. This is something we take great pride in and try to keep up with. We are currently going through many upgrades and hope that you return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Latchis Hotel
Latchis Hotel
#3 of 10 in Brattleboro
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!