“Clean, comfortable and quiet.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Portland, Maine
“Clean, comfortable and quiet.”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I booked a two-night stay at this hotel, due to it being relatively close to Mount Snow but also due to the fact that it was in Brattleboro, a town I've always liked. There's a great selection of restaurants, bars and cafes just a few minutes away downtown. For a combination business/pleasure stay it worked out just fine. The room was spacious, the bathroom and tub was sparkling clean, and the property incredibly quiet. I rely on strong wireless to do my work on the road and I never lost a connection. The major disappointment was the breakfast. The offerings are fairly limited, overcooked, and change from morning to morning, and pale in comparison to what you would normally get at a Hilton Garden Inn. I've stayed at full-service Holiday Inns for a slightly lower price point in similar-sized towns and gotten better overall value. This would be a four-star review if the price were about 10-15% lower. Regardless, I'd probably stay again as I am a Priority Club member, and patronize one of Brattleboro's restaurants for a full breakfast instead.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AnyMajorDude
ManagementTeam123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your guest review of not only the hotel but also of Brattleboro. I do apologize for your experience of the breakfast. As of April 30th IHG has implemented a all new breakfast for the Express Hotels, much healthier and more variety to come.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Clean, friendly and good breakfast. Hallways are a little noise can be heard through closed doors. I think it was a bit expensive for the quality of the hotel, but as others have said, they can charge a premium as they are along the ski route.

Dear Valerie,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express, Brattleboro. The staff here try to make every stay a good one.
Northern NJ
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The price to stay was rather high for a lower tier hotel. However, given the proximity to skiing I can't fault their capitalism in charging a price the market will bear. As for the stay -- the room was sizable, fairly clean and the beds were comfortable! The breakfast was decent quality and the attendant kept it constantly clean and well-stocked. Lastly, the location is incredible convenient right off of I-91. I could not ask for more!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ManagementTeam123, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear RoyLscam.
Thank you for your wonderful guest review. We try very hard to meet all of our guests expectations. Hope you choose to stay with us again.
Gardner, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Looking for good reviews for this holiday inn. After the boxborough holiday inn nightmare we had in May of 2013 at my nephews wedding. I said I would never stay at another one. The nightmare started the second we walked in the inn. Very rude front desk workers. They gave our room away and when we finally got a room it was at the end of a very long hall. That wouldn't have been bad if I didn't tell them when I called that I needed a handicapped room for my husband and was told they would give me one right near the door. The best part was my 5 year old granddaughter got hurt in the pool and the front desk said "oh well call and complain".

Linda U

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda U
ManagementTeam123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not what was expected. unfortunately our handicap rooms are located at the end of the hall from the front desk, however there is a door on the other end that has quick and easy access. I do apologize if you felt the staff was rude to you in any way. It is not typically how we treat any of our guests.
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I'm just reading the recent review on the side of this page and I concur. This folk out couch is just awful. I can feel every spring. I'm the adult here and agreed to take the bed away from the television. Big mistake.
And, there were not sheets on the horrible fold out couch. It took a long time for them to bring them up. I've got some blankets from the bed under the sheets to cushion the coils of the mattress but it's not enough.
Then I found the trash on the floor of the bathroom. And the chunks of dust in the corners of the bathroom.
How is it possible that this room is so warm when the heat is off? Where is it coming from?

Did I mention the pillow case on the puny pillow for the fold out couch was dirty????

Room Tip: Don't get the family suite.
Dear Guest,
I do understand how uncomfortable a pull out sofa can be especially one that is in need of replacement. I can let you know that we are in the process of ordering new sofa sleepers that we should have in the very near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2014

In order for our grandchildren to stay with us, we paid extra for the family suite advertised as sleeping 6 and equipped with 2 queen beds and a sleeping couch. However the fold-out couch was unusable, felt like sleeping directly on the coiled springs. Queen beds were fine but children had to sleep together. So we wasted our money on the family suite since it really only sleeps 4.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sara S
ManagementTeam123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. I do agree with you, most pullout sofa's are very uncomfortable. Had we known we would have provided you with an alternative such as a rollaway bed or possibly another room.
Larchmont, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Great prices, friendly staff, pool, hot tub, comfortable beds. I wish some of the CFLs were a warmer color, but that didn't bother me as much as it has at other places. Decent breakfast choices; a few gluten-free cereals would be a great addition.

Stayed December 2013
ManagementTeam123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Melamed45,

Thank you for guest review for your recent stay here at the Brattleboro Holiday Inn Express. I do understand your concern with gluten free breakfast items needed. IHG has new items that will be added in 2014 to the breakfast. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised the next time you visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Latchis Hotel
Latchis Hotel
#2 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!