“Nice place.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Very nice place for a chain hotel. The people were friendly and nice when we checked in and checked out. They were helpful giving us directions to our next destination. The rooms were of normal hotel size. But they were very clean, I applaud the housekeeping staff at this hotel. It is one of the cleanest we have seen.
We only stayed one night as we were passing through but it was a very relaxing and comfortable night. Thanks to the hotel staff. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeffinphoenix
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 9 January 2010

I stayed here for one night in December of 2007. It had been a mild day but when I returned to the hotel in the evening it had gotten cold and the parking lot had frozen into a sheet of ice. The owners/operators of this hotel had not been responsible enough to treat the icy surface and I fell on my elbow, breaking it. When I informed the staff at the front desk I was met with total apathy & blank stares. I called the manager and she assured me that the hotel would pay the medical bills to repair my elbow. I had to hire an attorney and FORCE them to pay these bills which took one year. I now have 2 screws in my elbow for the rest of my life due to the lack of caution on the owners part. It was a nightmare.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank brokenelbow
Reviewed 13 November 2009

After driving 5 hours from Newark NJ and we knew we weren't able to make it to Okemo the same night, we decided to make a stop at Brattleboro Holiday Inn Express.

Prior to our trip, thanks for TA, we read the previous reviews and we knew this was a decent place to stay and IT WAS.

Due to the late ski season, we had a reasonable rate for the night. I am not sure how their normal rooms are but our room also had a sofa, seating area and amenities to make tea and coffee.

We normally don't stay in chain hotels but this Holiday Inn Express really impressed me with the room's cleanness and wonderful water pressure at shower.

The next morning we drove another hour and snowboarded at Okemo.

At the end of the day we were tired and decided to stay somewhere closer to Okemo. We tried several B&Bs with good reviews but they weren't answering phones or already closed for the season.

So we ended up at another Hotel Inn Express in Springfield which was a big mistake.

Anyway we had a lot of fun at Okemo and I will stay in Brattleboro again for my next ski trip.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emeo
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We were in the area to check out colleges with our son. We were planning to stay somewhere else, and it turned out to be awful, so we checked in here at the last minute. We were extremely satisfied! The front desk staff was the best, (especially Danielle!) Very helpful and friendly. Room was attractive, spotless and well located. There were plenty of breakfast items to choose from--pretty standard stuff, but everything was fresh and attractively served. I would have to agree that it was a bit overpriced, (then again, I couldn't afford to spend a lot on this trip!) One side of the hotel faces the freeway. That wasn't our side, so we had no problem, but you might want to ask about it when you book because I can see how it might be an issue. We definitely got our money's worth. We will stay again, if we can afford it :) Staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank TheMomCat
Reviewed 8 October 2009

No big problems here. Easy in, easy out. Comfortable. But overpriced for little Brattleboro and the TV reception was horrible - you know, the pixelation that comes from poor HD reception. But, clean and easy is not so bad.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I booked this hotel after I had checked out tripadvisor about another place in the area that I reserved a room at. I was very happy that I had booked a room here. The place was very inviting! The room was clean and neat. The bed was super comfortable! I did not take the restaurant suggestion they offered but found an Indian restaurant in the downtown area that was amazing and cheap! I would definitely come back to the area and stay here!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank omily
Reviewed 19 September 2009

During our trip we stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels. This one (and Brattleboro in general) was a major disappointment. We asked for a quiet room on the top floor, when we made our reservation using the Holiday Inn website. When we arrived around 3pm, we were assigned to room 317 on the back of the hotel, which seemed acceptable.

The rates for this Holiday Inn Express are 20% higher than what we had paid in other locations, some of which were very new hotels. This is a mystery, since the hotel faces I-91 and Brattleboro is nothing to write home about. As we were checking-in, some travelers came in with a throwaway coupon book and got a room for $89 plus tax. We were being charged about 50% more, which ticked me off. Our room "might" have been nicer, but not 50% better. We checked in anyway, since we did not feel like searching for another hotel/motel.

During the evening, when or TV was turned-off, we started noticing strange sounds like a loud airconditioner vibrating. We turned ours off, but the noise could still be heard. Since we were very tired, we slept for a few hours before awakening and hearing the noise again. The noise went-on for the whole night, cycling on and off, which made for a miserable night.

In the morning, I went outside to determine where the racket was coming from. I found it was coming from the hotel's boiler room, which is on the first floor next to the breakfast area. There are several white pipes exhausting steam or something at the back of the building. Our room was almost directly over this boiler room, two floors up. I imagine the people in 217 and the adjoining rooms on either side experienced the same noise.

I went to the front desk and asked to see the manager. She was not in yet, so I explained why I was angry to the desk clerk. She said she would discuss it with the manager when she came in. When I checked-out, the desk clerk confirmed that the noise was coming from the boiler room, and that the manager had reduced our room charges by 50%.

Although the reduction in charges was some consolation for our lack of sleep, I believe that the hotel's management knows that the boiler room noise is a continuing problem. No mention of it was made when we checked-in to our "quiet room". If I had not complained, I would not have received the reduction.

Travelers beware of this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!