We have just returned from our first visit to the USA. Our trip had a three week itinerary which included a one night stop over somewhere in Vermont. Bratttleboro was the chosen place becuase it sat well on our Rand McNally map book of the USA. we arrived in the evening and easily found the hotel. First impressions were good, the hotel looked modern, clean and airy and the staff were effficient and friendly. The good thing about holiday inns is that you can always be sure of what you are getting as the corporate image/standard is similar the world over in such places. The Brattleboro branch was the\same, i.e clean,well equipped comfortable room.
Unfortunatly Brattleboro seems to have few attractions to tempt the weary traveller and we struggled to find somewhere to eat that evening. No fault of the holiday inn.
The only issue that does need fixing is the breakfast. It had a close resemblance to feeding time at the zoo or a chimps tea party. The breakfast is a help yourself operation with a fairly well stocked breakfast bar. Problem is that the bar is too small, there are too many people trying to get to it and the dining area is too small. Also the plates are paper and the cutlery is plastic. The result was a big free for all with food and diners scattered hither and thither !
We did our best with the breakfast and moved on to the Cape Cod and the sumptuous luxury of Baileys by the Sea-but you can read our other review on that establishment.
Joe & Judith, Manchester UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brattleboro is ' All of Vermont and close to home.' We are conveniently located near five major ski areas such as Mount Snow, canoeing, kayaking and antique shops and the new Grafton Cheese Factory. At the end of the day come back and relax in one of our up to date rooms. We offer rooms with two queen beds or one king bed. Maybe a room with a private Jacuzzi is what your looking for or maybe a family suite is for you. Sit back watch a movie on our new flat screen TVs. All rooms offer refrigerators and microwaves. Remember to enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a great selection of hot and cold breakfast items. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Brattleboro, VT and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Brattleboro
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Brattleboro
- Holiday Inn Brattleboro