“Went on a whim and were blown away!”

Three Stones - Oxppel Tunich
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We went on a whim and a recommendation from a friend. Dinner only, modest menu and small fun place. The menu gave great choices. I had the special, Polly one of the tortilla from the grill. The special was a pair of chorizo empanadas - it was so good and came with a great salad, beans and rice. I loved their crunchy hot sauce. Polly had the chicken tortillas with all the sauces and it too was amazing - she like the medium hot sauce. we shared a boca negra dessert - a sort of chocolate Indian pudding with lots of cream. One each would have killed us!
We will return!

2  Thank Ian M

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Every meal that I've had at Three Stones is excellent. The ingredients are always fresh and locally sourced as much as possible. There are usually only about five items on the menu, but I never get tired of them. My favorites are the pumpkin seed empanadas and bean-filled, deep fried uah (tortillas).The portions are fairly large, and the prices are also very reasonable.

Don't let the trailer facade fool you... this is one of the most pleasant atmospheres that I have ever eaten in. It's small, so reservations are highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

They make consistently great and authentic food. Make a reservation if you want to be sure to eat there. It's a small restaurant, and they fill up fast. The outdoor seating in the summer is on a lovely deck. The menu is not large, but the food they offer tastes amazing. Last time I was there, the only alcohol options were beer and wine, no margaritas. FYI: The only bathroom is down a flight of steep stairs.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Back again with friends as this restaurant is unique and a treat. Mexican/Mayan food you will not forget. Service continues to be excellent so a special meal is in store for diners. On a cold winter night head to the Three Stones.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Menu is limited but what they do they do extremely well. Far more charming on the inside than it appears from outside. My thanks to previous Tripadvisor reviewers who caused my wife and I to head in this direction. You should probably call for reservations as space is limited and word of the excellent experience appears to be getting out.