“Most disgusting motel I ever stayed in”

Motel 6 Brattleboro
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel and it was the filthiest most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. The floor was filthy, the bathroom had hairs in the tub. I didn't even want to take a shower. The sheets were the thinnest most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. The walls are so thin I could hear the tv in the next room which kept us up all night. When we tried to call the front desk the phone was dead. My husband had to get dressed and go outside to complain to the desk clerk and the people only turned the tv down for a little while. I hardly slept.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank flowersgirl

Reviewed 12 January 2014

You get what you pay for- but it's common sense to expect no dirt in the bath tub, no smell of cigarette smoke in non-smoking rooms, no major pipe rattling in the walls.
The woman at the desk was as professional and sweet as can be. The room was clean except for a lot of dirt in the bath tub. Floor was like pergo and became very wet and dirty when we came in from rain- had to keep shoes on at all times. Bottom floor room smelled like cigarette smoke. The worst was a tapping in the ceiling- loud and very annoying. Was told the pipes rattle. Could not sleep. Called desk- changed rooms. New room cleaner but you could hear the people talking so loud through the wall (11:30 pm ). Asked for another room- better but still heard every noise imaginable. Extremely thin walls. You can hear all the mechanical noises of the hotels operation. I do not consider myself a light sleeper- very distracting. You decide- I recommend staying at another hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Chartipper
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is exactly what you'd expect from a Motel 6. Clean and cheap with no frills. No shampoo, no hairdryer, no carpet, but the place is solid and it's easy to keep clean with the Pergo floors and shiny white walls. My single room had a small fridge which would have come in handy if I was staying more than one night. Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This was an unexpected one night stay and the last one for this motel.

The room had an awful odor and I had to ask for another room. The place in general felt run down. The rooms were barely livable and I was extremely afraid of bedbugs although on quick inspection I didnt immediately see any..

The rate was ok at $49.00 but should have been much lower for this quality of room.

I won't go back,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The rooms were nicer than any other Motel 6 I have stayed at. With modern multi-colored painted wall, coordinated bedspreads and best of all the floors had no carpeting. Laminate wood floors in a hotel room? I found this to be a plus.
Very pet friendly as we brought our dog and saw multiple other while we were there. The hotel was full to capacity. I find this hotel to be a perfect budget overnight accommodation.
The room was advertised as non-smoking. It was obvious that there had been smoking in the room. What I don't understand is; If they advertise it as a non-smoking room why do they furnish ashtrays?
The price was more than what we normally have paid at a Motel 6, but my there were a lot of events taking place in the area that inflated the price

Room Tip: Area is quiet and in a convenient location
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 27 September 2013

First off they left the light on for me, i always call head here, it sells out for a reason. This isn't the ritz, but it clean,the beds, the tub, i'm only here to sleep. The money i save goes right to my stomach, i can walk up to the Panda House, tomorrow morning i will eat a huge breakfest at the royal diner, or maybe i will buy some chocalates at Tom & Sally's, its fantastic, homemade. You may meet a famous comic from shelburne falls!..lol. You can go East-South-North-West from here. Keene is just over the hill, Greenfield -Deerfield Mass is 25 min drive, south, great location .

ps, if you can sleep close to highway, good for you, i choose the opposite end.

Room Tip: Call Ahead
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tenthousandshort
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Motel 6 during a transfer. Absolutely loved the staff and cleanliness. Wish there were more people like Colleen managing hotels in this town. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to branson

• Stayed: September 2013