“Great place,slow service!”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery combines a large casual restaurant and open air rooftop bier garten, with a small experimental nano-brewery, all located right on the Connecticut River in Vermont. We offer an "inspired pub fare" style menu, with everything from small bites for a few bucks to full entrees. Along with one, always changing unique craft beer of their own they offer dozens of guest craft beers on draft and specialty drinks, all in an amazing waterfront location. The unique round building has been restored into a beautiful fire-lit space with a contemporary and industrial vibe. Indoor and outdoor dining, perched above the river, alongside a steel bridge and nestled between the green mountains make the amazing location a "don't miss" on any visit through Vermont.
Vermont
“Great place,slow service!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice and both times the quality and presentation of the food was great.I don't drink beer but we like the food+atmosphere.We had to wait both times from 45 min-1 hour to get any food but we'll still go back.

Honeoye Falls, New York
“Fell a Little Short...”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were advised that this was one of the top restaurants in town, but I don't think so!

Upon arrival, we stood waiting for our table to be reset for a significant amount of time. Though they knew we were waiting, nobody seemed concerned about the simple task of wiping off the table and placing new settings on it.

The service was ok, just slow; the entrees ordinary.

There were some positives:
- The guy doing trivia was a hoot! We had a nice conversation with him between questions.
- Great beer selection!
- We has and Ahi tuna and fresh pineapple salsa, with homemade tortilla chips, drizzled with a Wasabi sauce that was outstanding!

Lastly, if it's quiet you want, this is not the place. But, if you want a beautiful view of the Conneticut River, including outdoor dining or cocktails, you've found a great place!

2 Thank Dan C
Madison, Connecticut
“Great atmosphere & Great Food”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have eaten at the Whetstone several times and it has never disappointed. Sometimes upstairs at the outdoor bar & deck seating area and this pastime due to inclement weather inside the restaurant. Both food & service were excellent! I had what was possibly the best NY Strip I have ever had and my wife & son had the Chicken Sandman sandwich which were also very good. Drinks are a bit expensive but very good. When in the Brattleboro area be sure to try this place. Try for the outdoor deck as the view of the CT river is just awesome.

Richmond Hill, Ontario
“I don't understand the negative reviews...”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Although it was a busy night, we were shown to a window seat away from the central area. We were away from the noise, and afforded an excellent upstream view of the river. On a warmer day, we would have been outside on the patio below us.

Service was excellent. Our server was very cognizant of the myriad offerings available. I just wish I had the stamina to try several more of them. Beervana!

I had a salad and one of the burgers. I was impressed that I could order it rare (I hope this doesn't get them in trouble). It was good, but not "knock your socks off good". My wife had the spinach salad and cioppino. She really enjoyed the entree, but spent quite a bit of time sifting out the "dead" spinach from the salad, before abandoning the dish. Interestingly, the server made no comment when clearing the dish.

We would definitely return. The many available brews are reminiscent of Washington and Oregon coastal pubs. The venue has an incredible location, and the food is better than the usual "pub grub".

• Visited March 2014
“Avoid Completely”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

So my partner and I decided to go to Whetstone because we heard about how great it was. We arrived around 4:30 on Saturday and were surprised it wasn't super crowed and happy as well. Sadly a waiter never came to our table to take our order. We knew what we wanted to eat 2 minutes after we arrived. As we both looked around we noticed many of the people working there were walking around and doing absolutely nothing. We also noticed plenty of other people looking around and wondering if they were going to get service as well. At 4:46 we both decided that we should just leave and that is exactly what we did. 15 minutes of waiting for a waiter to greet you is too long. It would of possibly made sense if it was busy but it wasn't busy at all. I have no plans to ever return to this establishment.

Visited May 2014