“Fantastic spot with gorgeous view on the water”

Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery
Ranked #6 of 111 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery combines a large casual restaurant and open air rooftop bier garten, with a small experimental nano-brewery, all located right on the Connecticut River in Vermont. We offer an "inspired pub fare" style menu, with everything from small bites for a few bucks to full entrees. Along with one, always changing unique craft beer of their own they offer dozens of guest craft beers on draft and specialty drinks, all in an amazing waterfront location. The unique round building has been restored into a beautiful fire-lit space with a contemporary and industrial vibe. Indoor and outdoor dining, perched above the river, alongside a steel bridge and nestled between the green mountains make the amazing location a "don't miss" on any visit through Vermont.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Fantastic beer menu, very diverse food options. Everything was excellent. An amazing find right on the water. We lucked in to outside seating on the water - if you want to sit outside go earlier as the outside seating is popular and for good reason! Can't say enough good things about the meal and we shared a couple desserts (blueberry pie and peanut butter chocolate pie) both of which were amazing. If you are happening through town you would be remiss to skip this gem !!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Traveling south on 91 and came across this unbelievable spot! Huge beer menu and unbelievable food. Tons of Gluten Free items on the menu and even a few beers! I was very surprised by the food quality and the service. A+ in my book. As if it couldn't be any better, the staff was unbelievable! Take the time to visit, have a brew, and eat away. A must if you are in the area! We'll be back! Very kid friendly.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We pass by this place and had never stopped. Yesterday was THE perfect day---altho not offered a spot on the deck I asked for one when we were being shown to our table--I am so happy I did! The food was great but so much BETTER outdoors! We had fried pierogies which had a nice dip but there was also a drizzle of some sort of balsamic reduction that was AMAZING---would happily have had more. Dipped my veggies in when dinner came--they should COME with a cup of this sauce!

We had Chicken Schnitzel and cheesy smashed potatoes and also a catfish dish---both were GREAT. Dessert was local blueberry pie with a cinnamon crumble topping---which vanished almost instantly! I had a Chocolate Mousse that was very very good and had choc pieces within and a cute mint leaf on top!

Husband had a brewery beer==a Zack Attack--and liked it.

Sent pics off of our location and got back several responses including an "I hate you!" in a loving sort of way from one friend stuck at work.

Our ser ver Mark was very attentive and friendly and knowledgeable on local places. Def an asset when you have a good server!

Place was very crowded by time we left even tho it was still pretty early--believe they have live music coming in.

Loved the sign on the bathroom changing table--"We are not responsible for what your children might turn into!"

Will def be back.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Their beer menu alone will keep me coming back on a regular basis. The fact that they pair it with some of the best food in the area just seals the deal when we are wondering where to go for dinner. This restaurant is 30 miles from my house and worth the drive. If you are new to the area I am sure you will discover it quickly. If you are passing through, it will be a fond memory of your trip.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I think this location is cursed. The former restaurant had terrible service too. I love the idea of "self service" and the rooftop is a spectacular spot on a beautiful summer night overlooking the Connecticut River but really?! A "plate" full of interesting treats from Vermont served on a slate shingle...awesome! Too bad there was not a utensil in sight or a napkin and the only employee responding was smile-less to say the most and the other 4, yes 4!, employees were literally bumping into each other. Smiles....ZERO. Friendliness....ZERO. Professional...negative 1. AND no utensil or napkin. I'm fine with finger food but I'm spending $50 plus tip on some appetizers and 2 drinks, I'd like a fork and napkin please!