“Filthy and spiders”

Black Mountain Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
“Filthy and spiders”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

There were a lot of spiders the heater air conditioner was falling apart. Found the spiders when my fiancé and came back from dinner. It wasn't a clean place to stay. We checked out and got half our money back and stayed at quality hotel by choice hotels down the road which was alot nicer with a nice breakfast and better service. My fiancé wrote spider beware. Do not stay at that hotel best value inn. They offered me another room I said no. And stayed at quality hotel by choice hotels down the road.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Burton1978
abibratt, Front Office Manager at Black Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for your review. Again, we apologize that you and your husband did not find your guest room to your satisfaction. We do our best to accomodate all our guest and we tried to do so for you and your husband to no avail. Although the guestroom was occupied for several hours and used, we refunded half the room rate and offered to upgrade or have the housekeeping return to remove any spiders. Its is unfortunate we were not able to appease you and your husband,although we did try everything in our power to rectify the issue once it was brought to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Spent the weekend in vt decided to stay here because of the price. Have stayed at other hotels in same price range with more cleanliness than this place. We checked in and room was a little run down we checked out the sheets on the bed and they had semin stains on them quilt was riped. we went out for dinner and came back to find spiders on the celling. Big brown ones then the hand towel had pee stains on them. Shower was dirty and rusty. Checked out and found a hotel down the road much cheprer. Hotel wanted to give us another room but that room had to be the same

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank hyechica
abibratt, Front Office Manager at Black Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
As I have already responded to your wife on her review above, thank you for your perspective as well. We did our best to try to relocate you and your wife,when we were made aware of the problems with your guest room. Even though the room had clearly been used, and was occupied for several hours, we did everything we could to make the situation satisfactory. Again, we apologize that you found spiders in the guestroom. We have housekeeping available 24hrs to take care of any and all issues, given that we have the oppurtunity. Our staff is ready and willing to take care of any issue that may arise, from a bed linen change to a room relocation to accomodate whatever our guests' may need.

Travellers are raving about these Brattleboro hotels

Carneys Point, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Let me just say....although the gentleman checking us in was nice..the room was just awful.
I stayed there with my two son's on our way to our ski resort. The place looked ok on the outside, but when we got in and settled, I noticed that the sheet on my bed had a huge black smudge, and ewwww a long piece of hair, so I went over to my sons bed to check out the sheets and flipped over the pillow...ugh....it was also dirty and smudged. At this point I'm totaly skeeved, so I put towels (at least they looked clean) on the pillows, and made my sons sleep on the top sheet.
Needless to say I didn't get much sleep, couldn't wait to get out of there!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank katec60
abibratt, Front Office Manager at Black Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for reviewing our inn. We provide customer service that is unparalled, and are pleased to hear that the front desk staff that checked you in was kind and courteous. We are troubled to hear that the sheet in the guest bed had a black smudge on it. We are staffed 24 hrs/ 7 days a week and are eager to please our guests. We would have changed all your linen had we been made aware. We recently had an issue with our commercial dryer which did leave some black marks on our laundry. Although, we did remove several pieces from inventory, a few got through. We apologize for the appearance of the sheet. Thank you again for your comments.
Manasquan
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This hotel is a little more centrally located on Putney Road in Brattleboro with a convenience store next door, fast food, supermarket and a mini-mall all within walking distance. As for the hotel itself, it wasn't a bad place. Minor cosmetic work to be done but all in all, the rooms were large enough and reasonably priced. Checking in was fast and easy, there is tractor-trailer parking, pets allowed and no pet fee here, and I think the only thing that was strange was the micro-wave in our room was seated on the luggage stand. Internet was fair. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was a knock-out tho! Over-did themselves on this! Very nice set-up with a nice variety in a very quaint, comfortable, plant-decorated room. For the price, not bad at all.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We didn't know what we might find and we had a nice surprise. Obviously this place has to be compared to other places of the same level of services. It's not a five-star hotel, but the rooms are big, plenty of towels, micro-wave oven, cable TV, WiFi, hair dryer and king beds. The hotel is run by an Indian family that add a mystique touch to the decoration. The breakfast is really good. When I come back to Brattleboro I'll stay there again if possible.

Room Tip: I stayed in a smoking apartment on the second floor and I think they are more silent for being more...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ana S
Mt Snow
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I have stayed in many hotels of all price ranges and have to say that the staff at the America's Best was one of the most attentive I have ever experienced. I had to find a place to stay in Brattleboro as the roads to Wilmington where I live were out due to flooding from Irene and the staff bent over backwards to make sure that I felt at home in a very disconcerting time. The rooms are old and obiously could use sprucing up, but obviously the management has responded to previous reviews, as I felt the room, bathroom and linens were all very clean. The hotel is one of the only ones I could find that offered NESN for you sports fanatics that can't stand to miss a Yankees/Red Sox game. The bed was very comfortable and the room was completely noise free - a great night's sleep! The continental breakfast was adequate and actually more than I have seen in other hotels for the same price. Overall, it was the exceptional customer service that has me recommending this hotel for any budget minded travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We decided to drive up to Brattleboro just to relax and see the area. On the way there we called the Inn and the lady was very nice and the room rate was very reasonable. When we got there and checked out the King non smoking roon, it was very musty and the sheets were not clean. We were give another room which was better. The towels however were soiled, the bath needed a good wash and so did the shower curtain. I was even afraid to walk barefooted in the room and on the bathroom floor. The A/c was extremely nosiy so I did not get a good nights sleep. The breakfast was enough to get us started on our journey. We did not try the pool. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. If this place improved on the rooms it would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daytripper237
abibratt, Front Office Manager at Black Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Thank you for your review of our inn. We appreciate your compliments on our staff and continental breakfast. It is of utmost importance that our guests are treated with a high level of attentiveness and courtesy. Our "Best" breakfast at America's Best Inns include two types of juice, oatmeal, several bread options including assorted bagels and english muffins. We have now introduce hard boiled eggs in addition to accomodate our high protein diet conscious guests. I would also like to apologize that your guestroom bathroom needed more attention in cleanliness. During the busy summer months,there is more traffic in the hotel in general and I apologize that your bathroom floor felt dirty. We staff housekeeping round the clock and would have been happy to send them to your room and take care of whatever needed extra attention. Thank you again for your review, I appreciate your honesty and fourthright candor on our what we are doing right, and what we need to work on.