“Slow Service”
Review of Flat Street Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Flat Street Bar & Restaurant
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Ever since my trip to Montreal, I've been a huge poutine fan. I did a search online and the Flat Street Brew Pub came up as serving it in Brattleboro so I made a special stop while in the area to check it out. The place was huge, and there seemed to be only one waitress working who didn't notice we sat down so it took quite awhile to get her attention. The beer prices on the specialty beers are sky high so you're better off going with something more pedestrian. Did I mention the service was slow? Very slow. We got nervous and my friend had to run out and put more money in the meter. The menu was okay. I was mostly interested in the poutine. We each ordered a burger with poutine instead of regular fries. My burger wasn't that great but my friend loved his veggie burger (and he ate my burger later at home so it wasn't wasted). The poutine was just okay. Not very authentic (I don't think they used cheese curds which I understand because I always have to use an alternate cheese when making at home as cheese curds are hard to find). It was just okay, and not really worth the side trip. Took forever to get our bill and pay.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I really enjoyed this little spot. The beer selection was terrific and the one food item I had (beef-lamb hamburger) was good and cooked well. The most outstanding feature of this establishment was the staff. Everyone was exceedingly friendly and helpful in planning my remaining stay in Brattleboro. I would have probably given this 5 stars if I had more experiences there or if I'd ordered something more demanding than a hamburger.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Great beers in a busy place. Very popular with locals and visitors. If you aren't afraid of crowds, definately try it.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Large selection of awesome beers and a great menu. Lots of good pub food and sandwitches- even vegetarian friendly

Reviewed 26 January 2013

We stopped in for drinks since we were staying in the area for a weekend getaway. The beer specials on Friday night were good and the bartender was very friendly. Decent beer and cider selection. It was definitely a small mixed crowd of locals and visitors. The live music however, was terrible. It was a little loud for such a small place and no one seemed to be into it. There were 2 drunk people dancing/goofing around in front of the stage, but that was it. Everyone else was just sitting in their seats enjoying drinks. If we were in the area, we would stop in again and hope for better music.