“Wonderful .. So wonderful ”
Review of T. J. Buckley's

T. J. Buckley's
Ranked #13 of 110 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The hanger steak is the best I've ever had. Even compared to fine dining in cities like ny, this place is exceptional. I wanted to hug the chef, but my boyfriend would have been embarrassed. A fantastic dining experience!! Thank you for a great night!

1  Thank Alisa R

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The restaurant only opens on certain day. However, since the restaurant did not have a website, there is no way to know except to call. We did not know about that when we get there and find the restaurant was close on a Thursday evening before July 4th holiday.

I could not comment on the food since I never have the opportunity to try it.

1  Thank DavidNYC11
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It is a tiny place. The kitchen is right next to the dining area and I'd say it seats about 20 people.
It is probably in the top 5 meals I've had in my life. Two were in Brattleboro. I don't know why meals in Boston and New York city aren't comparing but it's true.
How do you make mashed potatoes so amazing? It wasn't MORE seasoning, etc. It was like someone picked a place in Vermont. The perfect field next to a crystal clear river and when the moon was waning, planted a seed potato. The farmer then checked on it everyday. Two times. At the perfect moment he called the chef. The chef went over and picked up these potatoes in a basket lined in a gingham kerchief and cooked them for me that night. I just don't get how you make mashed potatoes taste like something I want to drive a couple hours for.
The restaurant is intimate enough so you can hear each person's response when they take a bite. There is a lot of "Oh my god"s and "Amazing"s.
Each dish is carefully prepared. When your salad takes a little while you don't feel impatient since you are watching them prepare it with care right in front of you.

7  Thank ReluctantViking
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Extraordinary food, artistic presentation, and an atmosphere that makes you feel catered to. Be sure to make a reservations! The chef is a presenter - wonderful to watch him preparing the meals and his prep chef adorning the plates with such skill!

No menu needed, a savory description of each dish flows from your waitress's lips. Wherever you are seated the layout / interior design allows you to view kitchen preparations and the sights, sounds and smells are a great prelude to tastes that will be delivered to your table.

If only we hadn't already dug in before I thought to take the picture below!

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Step inside the tiny, wood paneled former diner and let the magic begin. Open kitchen allows the patrons to witness the meticulous preparation and presentation of outstanding meals. There are four appetizers, four entrees and four desserts, and it is almost impossible to make a choice-nor does it really matter, since everything is expertly done and perfectly plated. Nice selection of wines/beer/cider to accompany meals, and wonderful coffee to ring down the curtain. Certainly one of the finest dining experiences in Vermont.

1  Thank MWitz