“Authentic diner for a pie loving Aussie!”

Chelsea Royal Diner
Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 5 November 2015

On an epic road trip with 3 friends 1 Canadian,1 Scot and two Aussies. They wanted to go to an authentic diner and order pie like an american movie! This Diner was perfect....the food was delicious and my Aussie friend had blueberry pie a-la-mode and was,truly delighted. This place has a,varied menu and serves homemade ice cream from an outdoor kiosk

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I confess, I love all diners. But Chelsea Royal tops them all. The menu is really varied (though I almost always get the eggplant parmesan), and when we go with friends, the only thing they don't like about it is that there are too many things they want to eat! It's not fancy food; it's just really good food, at very reasonable prices (most everything's under $10). And the beef is locally raised! But maybe the best part is the staff. Every server we've ever had there has been super friendly, helpful and fun. We always leave with smiles on our faces, feeling completely satisfied about the whole experience.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

We recently visited Brattleboro for an overnight stay and visited the Chelsea Royal Diner for lunch on Saturday and breakfast the following morning. For lunch we arrived around 2pm and were seated immediately and for breakfast we arrived around 11am and waited maybe 5-10 minutes. I don't think there are too many surprises on the menu as they do serve the usual diner fare, but there are always specials on the board. For lunch I had the Swedish Meatballs over egg noodles special and my girlfriend had eggs over corned beef hash. The following morning I had The Royal Feast(2 eggs, half of a Belgian waffle, a short stack of pancakes, bacon, ham and home fries(now that I think about it...I never got my home fries!!!)and my girlfriend again had the eggs over corned beef hash. The food is very tasty and you really don't need to read to many reviews...just stop in, the place is always busy. If you like diners and are driving through Brattleboro add this to the list!

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Had the tomato basil soup and a turkey sandwich, fantastic PLUS they use their own grown vegetables and eggs. Cute little diner, busy so you know it is good. Great prices. Stop and eat as you are traveling through Vermont.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

Sign on the door: Cash only. No out of state checks. Many locals eat at this off-the-beaten-track diner. Best breakfast I had during my three day stay in Brattleboro. The very fresh eggs were so tasty. Perhaps they are from the chickens I saw behind the house next door. The locals seemed to be fond of the waffles w/ Vermont maple syrup. Hamburgers are made with grass fed beef and your choice of Vermont cheeses. Deserts appeared freshly home made too. The menu is not small. There is quiet a variety of good things for every diet. The Chelsea Royal is a wonderful find. They apparently have been around since the 1930's, for a good reason.

Been to Chelsea Royal Diner? Share your experiences!