“Places Like This Make Eating A Trip!”

Chelsea Royal Diner
Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 4 November 2017

My wife and I chose not to eat the continental breakfast that the hotel,
we were staying at, so I looked on Tripadvisor for breakfast places to eat in Brattleboro. I found this lovely diner and aside from a bumpy parking lot, this restaurant rocks. Great Breakfast food, hot coffee and strawberry jam on every table. What's not to love?

Reviewed 3 November 2017

October 2017.

I ate at the Chelsea Royal Diner on my last night’s stay in Brattleboro, VT. If you want a proper diner experience then this is the place to go. The CRD is on Route 9 and there is ample parking on site and wheelchair access if needed.

I arrived at around 8pm and although it was quite busy I was shown to a table straight away. I ordered the Char-Grilled Grass-Fed rib eye steak (medium) with potatoes, veg and a gravy sauce priced at $15.99 along with a pint of Sam Adams.

The wait time from ordering to table was around 20 minutes but when it arrived the steak was cooked to perfection and delicious; the mash was creamy and the vegetables perfectly cooked.

The staff were friendly although they looked rushed and flustered at times but they were quick and efficient.

I was surprised at how big it was inside and the amount of table it accommodated as it looked quite small from the outside.

I wouldn’t hesitate to eat here again, the food is amazing, the prices reasonable and I could not fault the service or the staff.

Highly recommended.

Overall rating 8/10.

1  Thank surfyboy1973
Reviewed 20 October 2017

But, it's a long way from California. Had read about this place online - it was about 3 miles off-route but we were touring the beautiful area so no problem. Totally worth the few extra miles. Loved everything about this place. We were here for breakfast and it was scrumptious. Plus, my sister said they had delicious coffee. Our food was served quickly by friendly staff. I saw one of their pies on the way out - it was beautiful and later that day I was very sorry I hadn't bought a slice to go, I bet it was as good as it looked.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped for brunch on a Sunday. Waited ten minutes for table. Very popular place with locals. Huevos rancheros were fantastic and came with several pieces of steaming sunflower seed bread that really rocked. We topped off brunch with apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Wow! The apple pie burst with flavor. The ice cream was the best I have had in a very, very long time. It was so thick and creamy and chewy. I will go way out of my way to stop here again. Excellent service. Waitress very helpful with recommendations and suggestions. Plenty of parking and reasonable prices. On Route 9 just west of town center.

1  Thank marko18745
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

My husband, son and I ate breakfast here early Sunday morning. Great service, although the waitress seemed a bit annoyed at something. I asked for my eggs to be cooked without butter or oil and they were done nicely. They allowed my son to share the “feast” meal with hubby without extra charges. Food was good and fresh.

Been to Chelsea Royal Diner? Share your experiences!