“"Amazing"”

Superfresh! Organic Cafe
Ranked #22 of 111 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Recently I spent a week in the Brattleboro, Vermont area with a dear friend. Our first night we dined at Superfresh and after that the only time we didn't eat there was when the restaurant was closed. Let me explain, I am neither vegan or gluten free, however I do have family members who are and know how difficult it is to make this type food delicious. Every meal we had was absolutely wonderful! I was surprised to read the review describing an experience with the pizza because we had the pizza one night and it was to die for. Infact I brought the left overs to the hotel and had the pizza for breakfast the next morning. The whole time I was in Brattleboro I kept calling my husband and telling him about this charming cafe. Many times I called him right from the cafe while I was sitting at my favorite table in the corner watching the water rush by. This is a great little cafe!

1  Thank Cathee53

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I follow a vegan lifestyle so I researched vegan friendly restaurants in Brattleboro. I chose this place based on the mostly good reviews and the fact that I would be able to get vegan fare. We arrived at about 7:30 on a Friday night. The place was not overly busy. When we walked in, a young woman was at the counter and we asked her if we should be seated or wait to be seated. She told us we had to order at the counter and she showed us where the menus were. She offered no other assistance or recommendations. After we placed our order, we had to ask her, do we sit? do we come back here to get our food? what? She then said that we should just sit anywhere and the food would be brought to us. We ordered a large pizza to share. The pizza was brought out on one plate and drop at our table. No one brought us individual plates or eating utensils or napkins. Apparently the locals know where everything is and that it is mostly self-serve, but we did not. I wandered around until I found a place with forks, knives and napkins (no plates). We ate the pizza on napkins. Look, I am really not that fussy, but the lack of service or even some information at this place was ridiculous. The pizza was mediocre at best. The crust was the worst part. It was a really heavy biscuit type dough that broke apart easily while the gobs of melted daiya cheese atop the spinach stayed together, making it a mess to try eat, especially off a paper napkin. We noticed other patrons clearing their table and taking their dishes to a bus tub under a table in a narrow hallway. We followed their example. The funny thing is, they had a tip jar on the counter! I am ALWAYS a generous tipper. I have worked (owned and operated) in food service my whole life. This place was a big disappointment both in service and food. Maybe pizza making is not their best thing, but we certainly did not get any recommendations from the nearly invisible staff. I hope they read this review and improve the service.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Thank goodness I can now take my allergy ridden vegan granddaughter out to eat with no worries!! Thank you so much!! Deliciously done with lots of dairy free, gluten free ,egg free choices. . Very creative menu. Love it!!!

2  Thank kay c
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I am definitely not a vegan. I love my BBQ pork. I admit it. That said, my daughter and I dropped by over the weekend and I had the breakfast hash browns over greens, and she had the southwest breakfast wrap - both were absolutely delicious! These folks have some really great food prep going on there. Very attentive staff. A very small place - by the time we left there was a small line out the door. If this place takes off - I hope it does - maybe they can get a bigger place in town...

1  Thank TheOkieKid
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We ate here recently and were most impressed with the variety of food and interesting beverages on the menu, which include organic, and superfood ingredients. If you are a healthy eater, don't miss this cozy eatery next door to the amazing Brattleboro Co-op, also not to be missed. We will certainly return to Superfresh on our next trip to Brattleboro! We arrived in town late on a Friday nite and were pleased to hear they were open until 10 PM! Their food and desserts were delicious!

2  Thank Susan L