“Vermont, REALLY!!!”

Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Overall, we loved this hotel; clean, comfortable and charming. We were so pleased with our two night business stay in Brattelsboro, Vt, that we selected a Hampton Inn as we journeyed back to our home state. Our initial experience during our stay at the Utica, NY location began exceptionally well. Exhausted after hours of shopping, eating and driving, and not a single bar on our cellulars; we popped into the lobby of the hotel and were immediately made to feel as though we had a standing reservation. After a good night's slumber and a tasty breakfast, our Hampton bubble burst. Unfortunately, a very non-sympathetic, yet thorough morning clerk reminded us that the Hampton is a business and not a friends home. The reality check afforded us the opportunity to venture to another hotel during the final leg of our return trip to Michigan. Staving off the pleasant pleading of the early evening clerk at the Erie, PA Hampton; we chose price over hospitality and comfort. Fortunately our gamble paid off and the level of service received at another chain was-for the savings-just as good as the service received at your establishments. However, we did miss those freshly laundered duvets :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 April 2013

This room was just what I've come to expect from Hampon Inns, clean and comfortable. The added extra free breakfast was pretty good too. My parents were staying in a room on another floor and did complain that they could hear a child running up and down the hallway at about 6am. I didn't hear a thing and slept great.

I stayed at this hotel as an inexspensive alternative to the on site Mt. Snow lodging, and its really just too far of a drive. Next time I will spend the extra money and stay at Mt. Snow. However, if I ever have reason to be in Brattleboro, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Great hotel, extremely clean and fresh. Only issue I really had was the constant 24 hours a day audio ad playing in all public areas, which carried into my room. It was not that loud but got annoying. My room was by the elevator, so that was probably why I could hear it clearer then most staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Great Hotel! All we had hoped for and very clean. Staff was great at breakfast - very helpful and pleasant. Hot tub was not working when we arrived but was open the next day. Pool was in great condition and again - everything was very clean and well taken care of.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacey J
Amy L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Brattleboro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. We try hard to make sure that every guest receives a clean comfortable stay while receiving the quality of service that is deserved to all our "family" members.
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and hope that when you return to the Brattleboro VT area you will choose the Hampton Inn once again.
Again, thank you for your time and feel free to contact me if there is anything that I can do for you in the future.

Amy Loomis

Reviewed 3 April 2013

The staff in the morning and afternoon where great. Manager very helpful willing to assist in any questions. On arrival I'd not booked on line yet which is cheaper, I mentioned rate and they where great and gave comparable rate on spot without hassle.
Pool is adequate, hot tub okay great with jets. Very quite I had whole area to self., towels aren't anything to brag about very very small.
Breakfast, hot waffles to make, yogurt, breads, fruit, cereal, eggs and a meat, juices, coffee, tea, always maintained, clean, works for a meal in am. Did like if on the run had a bag with muffin, breakfast bar, water to grab on way out the door!
Aren't a lot of hotels with pools in area reason I stayed but pool was okay hot tub good temp but no jet action.
Clean room, bed comfortable, good pillows, great that had microwave, and nice size fridge, shower okay water pressure adequate. Nice space clean.
Had a few ants in hallway from food dropped but was cleaned up after reporting it to front desk.

Room Tip: Brattleboro is a very quite place, went to see a nearby college. Bowling alley, few pubs/bars, limi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank happycamper64
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Breakfast was good and offered more options than the typical continental breakfast. I made a waffle for myself, and the breakfast attendant came running over with real Vermont maple syrup so I didn't have to use the generic kind in the plastic cups. She came by a few minutes later to ask how I liked the real syrup. I really appreciated her kindness and care for my experience. Also, the beds were very comfortable and clean and the wi-fi worked well. The refrigerator in the room and the cookies in the lobby were other nice touches.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler13512
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The good points were the breakfast and the very clean room. The reception staff was efficient and check in was uneventful. The bed was very comfortable and there were lots of good towels.
As stated by others, the soundproofing is lacking and we heard lots of footsteps from the room above or beside us. This died down for the night but restarted early am. We also had a smell of smoke in the room and were told we were close to an outside door and that smokers were just outside.
Rated just ok as we have had some great stays on this trip at other hotels at substantially lower prices.

Room Tip: The room next to the boardroom on the ground floor is quieter overnight.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raymondocanuck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Hampton Inn Brattleboro? Share your experiences!